Sink

nemo45

My wife noticed this morning that the front of the stainless steel sink in the kitchen had dropped down about 1/4 inch from the corian top. Has anyone else had this happen? I repaired it myself with some silicone adhesive and a wooden tab, in the middle front, screwed to the frame underneath. It is an undermount sink and it looks to me that the only thing that was holding it in was adhesive. I'm thinking I should put a few more strategically place braces on it, especially on the middle back. I was hoping I could find some kind of clip made to support an undermount sink, but I couldn't. Any feedback would be appreciated.

2010augusta

YES!!! here is my post. I called Heartland and they sent me the clips. I believe they were not installed in the factory because the wooden brace for the counter-top is in the way of mounting the sink. BAD DESIGN. I mounted the clips the "wrong way" and made them work the sink is now tight to the counter. Good luck fixing yours.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My wife noticed this morning that the front of the stainless steel sink in the kitchen had dropped down about 1/4 inch from the corian top. Has anyone else had this happen? I repaired it myself with some silicone adhesive and a wooden tab, in the middle front, screwed to the frame underneath. It is an undermount sink and it looks to me that the only thing that was holding it in was adhesive. I'm thinking I should put a few more strategically place braces on it, especially on the middle back. I was hoping I could find some kind of clip made to support an undermount sink, but I couldn't. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Try here:
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/sinkclips.html

Some of what I found doing a seach for "undercounter sink mounting clips" was that the sink might actually rest on rails just below the counter top and have bolts that raise it up to the silicone adhesive and hold it in place. Other info says the sinks are epoxied to the counter top.

nemo45

Another question then. What are the posts on the bottom of the sink lip with the 8-32 threads in them for? I imagine they work with the clips somehow.

Last edited:

2010augusta

Another question then. What are the posts on the bottom of the sink lip with the 8-32 threads in them for? I imagine they work with the clips somehow.

I don't know what the post are for, but I did not use them with the factory clips. If you are flexible or use a mirror you can see how the clips on the back and sides are installed.

nemo45

Well, I got ahold of customer service (Gary) and they are sending me some of the clips. He says he has a bunch of the right there on his desk. Wonder why? Thanks for your help 2010augusta. Hope I can figure out how to make use of them.