No More Midnight Interior. Recovering the window treatments.

2010augusta

Well.... A couple nights ago my wife said, "you know honey I really think that the valences would look better if they were a different fabric." So... We started looking for a better fabric, but the only fabric store in Uvalde is Wal-mart. We found a fabric that we liked and bought 3 yards. We set down and in just a few hours had all 11 valences recovered and now we think it looks much better. Here are some pics of our handy work. first two are a before and after.

Attachments

• DSCN4449 (Small).JPG
    DSCN4449 (Small).JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 181
  • DSCN4469 (Small).JPG
    DSCN4469 (Small).JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCN4466 (Small).JPG
    DSCN4466 (Small).JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCN4464 (Small).JPG
    DSCN4464 (Small).JPG
    47 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCN4461 (Small).JPG
    DSCN4461 (Small).JPG
    59 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCN4456 (Small).JPG
    DSCN4456 (Small).JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 138
  • DSCN4452 (Small).JPG
    DSCN4452 (Small).JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCN4451 (Small).JPG
    DSCN4451 (Small).JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 147
  • DSCN4450 (Small).JPG
    DSCN4450 (Small).JPG
    59 KB · Views: 152
  • DSCN4467 (Small).JPG
    DSCN4467 (Small).JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 175
  • DSCN4470 (Small).JPG
    DSCN4470 (Small).JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCN4471 (Small).JPG
    DSCN4471 (Small).JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 112

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Very nicely done. It is interesting though that you elected not to have loose threads hanging from behind the valances.:D Nice touch.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
That Marc, He's a funny guy:D... So Alan, I only have two comments. One, very nice job. Nice Contrast, not too bold. Two. Have you given any thought to removing the border? We did and were very pleased with the results. Made the area less "busy" if ya know what I mean. What you did really looks good though. It's funny how we like to personalize our rigs, just like we used to do our homes.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Very nice! So far, I've been fixing our side valances with fabric glue, but am thinking about just taking them off. Seems everytime you move a chair, you're busting into one of them.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
That really makes a big difference. I love it! It's so nice to be able to make it your own. Great Job!!!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray, how did you get the boarder off. I assume it is not regular wallpaper boarder,
It was Lin that actually started the process one day while I was not around. She started picking at an edge in the stool room and next thing I know it's gone. It peels of nicely and at some of the corners I used a utility knife to trim along the molding. Every once in a while a bit of adhesive remained but it rubbed off easily. These pictures are from a while ago. Old furniture.

Attachments

• No Border 2.JPG
    No Border 2.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 89
  • No Border 3.JPG
    No Border 3.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 80