Bedroom A/C dripping Water

timdebs

We just added a new Brisk Air 13500 Air Conditioner in the bedroom works great except for it is dripping water on the bed, I ***UME from condensation. The dripping is coming from the grate where the filter is. How do I fix? Do not think I should have to put a pan on top of the bed to catch water. Thanks for any help.

timdebs

I called Camping World and talked with service manager who then let me talk with the installer, he said should not be doing that and sounds like something did not seat well. So I have to take it back to them. Thanks for the advice. Tim

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
HI Tim That happened to us during a rain storm and we found out that mounting bolts were loose and the roof seal was not sealing tightend the mounting bolts and solved the prob. Good Luck TRAVELER07

timdebs

I will check the mounting bolts, did you undo the mounting bolts and check the seal or did you just tightened the mounting bolts?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
If it only does it when the AC is running, then it's definitely condesation. That should be directed outside, so it would be an install issue. If it does it when it's raining, it's a bad seal (also an install issue). I know all that's probably obvious, but just wanted to make sure you weren't zeroing in on the wrong problem/cause. Good luck with the fix.

timdebs

Understand what you are saying and it only does it when it is running, have had right much rain and it did not leak. Our appointment at Camping World is when we are on our way to Bristol and I told service manager he is going to have to get us in and out quick! I will not be a happy camper to make us late getting to Bristol.

timdebs

I think I might make a sign to show the service manager that says "Thanks to Camping World (Ken Baker) in Greensboro, NC I was LATE to the Camping World Truck Race" and let him know if he does not get me in and out quick this is what I will hold up at the race.