Getting Organized

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Some of our Heartland friends seem to think I'm too organized.:eek: I guess they're right.:D I hate having to move stuff to get to other stuff. I got a little bored yesterday so I rearranged the basement and front storage area. I moved the things I use the least to the front and rest is in the side areas. Here's a few pictures. The compressor, now in the front, is much easier to access the hose and retrieval. I used a flip up electrical cord thingy used on pop-ups to access the hose and when finished, it's hidden inside the flapper.

Attachments

• Door Side.JPG
    Door Side.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 252
  • 100_0680.JPG
    100_0680.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 224
  • 100_0683.JPG
    100_0683.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 232
  • Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 240
  • 100_0679.JPG
    100_0679.JPG
    190.5 KB · Views: 241
  • 100_0677.JPG
    100_0677.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 245

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Dang Ray, hope my wife doesn't see these:eek:! :)D) My "honey-do" list will grow exponentially!

Great job, I hadn't thought of the wire basket to hold the cans of sprays, lubricants, etc. That'll be the first thing I install this weekend. Just curious though. Are those golf balls hanging from strings on the left of pictures 1 and 2?

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Those are Bolo's for hunting Kangaroo's :p. LOL

Or you can play Ladder Golf.

Ray.. you know we are all going to hate you for doing this and then advertising it. If I did that I would be trying store more stuff. I don't need that.

BC

Ray LeTourneau

Bobcat knew! Yes the golf balls are for Ladder ball or Golf, whatever term you choose. The empty floor space is for chocks and other stuff I haven't put away yet.:eek:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You have not done it correctly---I can still see floor space:)
I didn't know that my basement had a floor. Guess I'll have to root around and see if I can find one. :) Ray has seen my basement and his face got real pale, :eek: ..................but I know where everything is.

Peace
Dave

trvlrerik

Ray, I notice you have drilled some holes in the aluminum channel in the ceiling of you basement, do you know if they are used as electrical runs? Right now I am relying on the "fill up the floor to lock the load in" method and it is a huge pain as I still am figuring out my needs vs. wants.

It looks like you have figured out packing for travel pretty well.

Ray LeTourneau

Ray, I notice you have drilled some holes in the aluminum channel in the ceiling of you basement, do you know if they are used as electrical runs? Right now I am relying on the "fill up the floor to lock the load in" method and it is a huge pain as I still am figuring out my needs vs. wants.

It looks like you have figured out packing for travel pretty well.
As far as I know there is nothing in those aluminum joists. In fact I think they are used to secure the bedroom floor to the joists.

Ray LeTourneau

Those are Bolo's for hunting Kangaroo's :p. LOL

Or you can play Ladder Golf.

Ray.. you know we are all going to hate you for doing this and then advertising it. If I did that I would be trying store more stuff. I don't need that.

BC
I don't mind. I guess I'm pretty anal about the organizing thing. Like I said, I hate having to move a bunch of stuff to find other stuff that may not even be there.:eek: It's really fun when somebody's wife looks at our basement and says to her DH, "why can't ours look like that"? :D

2010augusta

Ray, it looks really good. We have most of our stuff in totes that stack, and my tool chest is on the door side of the basement. The factory genset takes up most of our front compartment. I do like the room you have, but the propane genset is a must for us.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I don't mind. I guess I'm pretty anal about the organizing thing. Like I said, I hate having to move a bunch of stuff to find other stuff that may not even be there.:eek: It's really fun when somebody's wife looks at our basement and says to her DH, "why can't ours look like that"? :D

And I thought your basement was organized when I saw it in June! My basement is pretty empty, by comparison. Makes me feel like I need to go and buy more stuff :D. I did go to WallyWorld and get a Cosco extension ladder, though. A cheaper, smaller version of my Little Giant for the house. Fits right in the basement up against the front wall.

sjrellis

Disclaimer...I've never posted pics (that I remember anyway), so this is gonna be trial and error. While Jim was out doodling around today, I took a few pictures of what he uses in the belly. Some friends gave this to us and we do not know its original intent. It has 3 drawers and is about 4 feet deep. Jim shimmed it up with 2x4's. He really likes the ease in storing his stuff!

eta: Yay! I did it!

Attachments

• DSCN3000.JPG
    DSCN3000.JPG
    739.3 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCN3001.JPG
    DSCN3001.JPG
    728.3 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCN3002.JPG
    DSCN3002.JPG
    717.8 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCN3003.jpg
    DSCN3003.jpg
    538.2 KB · Views: 103

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Disclaimer...I've never posted pics (that I remember anyway), so this is gonna be trial and error. While Jim was out doodling around today, I took a few pictures of what he uses in the belly. Some friends gave this to us and we do not know its original intent. It has 3 drawers and is about 4 feet deep. Jim shimmed it up with 2x4's. He really likes the ease in storing his stuff!

eta: Yay! I did it!

That is cool! Interestingly enough (at least to me) - I have the exact same hammer:D.

Ray LeTourneau

Sandra, That's quite an interesting tool box. I did a search but didn't find anything like it. Sadly, if I do, I'll need a bigger truck.:eek:

skyguy

Hey Ray -
Recognized that Weber Grill right off, we got that model this spring and I think it's one of the best grills I ever owned or used.

As to the tidyness of your basement, I prefer the "tossed salad" look myself, it's much more of a challenge to find something (I start on the bottom, what ever I need, it's always on the bottom of everything else...)

Actually once I carpeted the floor of the basement, so things would slide easier, and added a couple of hooks to the front wall, I stand most bulky items on edge (lounges, tables, step ladder) - it's a pretty efficient use of space...

Ray LeTourneau

Hey Ray -
Recognized that Weber Grill right off, we got that model this spring and I think it's one of the best grills I ever owned or used.

As to the tidyness of your basement, I prefer the "tossed salad" look myself, it's much more of a challenge to find something (I start on the bottom, what ever I need, it's always on the bottom of everything else...)

Actually once I carpeted the floor of the basement, so things would slide easier, and added a couple of hooks to the front wall, I stand most bulky items on edge (lounges, tables, step ladder) - it's a pretty efficient use of space...
Right on the money about the Weber. For the last 10 years or so we had an Olympian from Camping World. It did hold up vry well but the Weber is twice the grill. Very even heat, easy to clean and Prety fast o warm up. When I have to replace my big Weber it'll be with the Q300. New model.