New Vent in Bedroom A/C with Pictures

2010augusta

We wanted a vent in the bedroom that blew towards the bed, so after a little searching the web, I found one on eBay. I carefully measured the location of the downdraft duct and cut the hole directly below it, so now most of the bedroom A/C blows out the new directional vent.

Attachments

• DSCN4472 (Small).JPG
    DSCN4472 (Small).JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 249
  • DSCN4473 (Small).JPG
    DSCN4473 (Small).JPG
    42 KB · Views: 248
  • DSCN4474 (Small).JPG
    DSCN4474 (Small).JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 255
  • DSCN4475 (Small).JPG
    DSCN4475 (Small).JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 263
  • DSCN4476 (Small).JPG
    DSCN4476 (Small).JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 255

trvlrerik

Great idea, I have been wondering how to prevent the a/c from turning itself off by blowing on the thermostat. Did you plug off the "factory" outflow vent in any way?

2010augusta

Great idea, I have been wondering how to prevent the a/c from turning itself off by blowing on the thermostat. Did you plug off the "factory" outflow vent in any way?

I did not block off the factory vent; however, the factory duct is only 4.5" x 4.25" and the new vent is a 4.0" circle that extends into the factory duct, so the opening at the 4 corners allow a little airflow out the rest of the factory vent cover.

porthole

Retired
Since I can't tell from the pictures - is the vent located towards the front or rear of the unit?

When you mentioned in your original post about cooling the closet or bath I knew right away what you meant..................

2010augusta

Since I can't tell from the pictures - is the vent located towards the front or rear of the unit?

When you mentioned in your original post about cooling the closet or bath I knew right away what you meant..................

It is mounted towards the rear (bathroom side) of the unit. I know it probably looks like an odd mounting location, but it is directly below the vertical duct coming from the cooling unit on the rooftop. I want the best flow out of the vent I could get, and it is working great.

After a couple days of use, Wife is working the night shift at the hospital so we sleep during the day-time, we have been able to turn the fan on medium and set the temperature to 76 degrees with the new vent blowing on us. Compared that to having to set the temperature to 71 or 72 before the vent. I think this modification will pay for its self real soon

donr827

My wife is always cold and I am always warm. This should help direct more air in my direction.
Don

porthole

Retired
Well we are in our second week of camping with this trailer in 90 + / 90% + and I am still glad I ordered the 2nd AC.

I haven't done either mod yet (this one or the "vent tent") but when it gets really cooking we open up the main AC main vent and turn on the bedroom. Works great.