Rubber molding/trim

trumanr

I had my 3250 TS:eek: Big Country only for about six months when the rubber molding/trim came loose from around the front of the trailer. I have not tried to replace it. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
When you say "came loose", do you mean a bit of a gap down low on one or both sides? Maybe an 1/8 inch or so wide and several inches long? Please describe "came loose".

B

bwwalczak

Thank you for your post.

I am interested in finding out more. Could you give me more detail with regard to which trim or even a photo?

We have not heard of this in production, so we want to be sure that if there is an issue, we are on it.

Thanks.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Trumanr, are you referring to the molding that covers the screw heads in a channel on either side of your trailer? Mine has come loose a couple of times and I have just put it back into the channel and it has stayed.

Taz Devil

I have had the same problem on the drivers side. Going down I-75 and look back it started coming loose. It looked like a snake and it just kept getting longer. It will come loose from about middle way and work its way out. I had to stop a couple of times to press it back into place. If it wasn't for the screws at the top and bottom of the strip it would have come off. Then too, I can't believe all the holes that are hidden behind this strip and none of them chalked or filled in. :eek::eek:

talley

Mine has come loose and as described I just inserted it back into the channel. I havve a 2006 Bighorn and there are two widths.. one inch and 3/4 inch sizes. Heartland workers at the rally were willing to replace some missing strips, but only had the 3/4 inch. Following the rally I went to Heartland parts to get the 1 inch size but they did not have any at that time. Following the rally I have seen the material at RV parts stores. Just be aware of the size you need when shopping or ordering.