Campground recommendations -Colonial Williamsburg

DWH

My DW and I are planning on a short stay in the Colonial Williamsburg area later this year. I'm looking for campground recommendations with an emphasis on proximity to attractions and quality of campground. Any help would be much appreciated.None Thank you.:) Doug

Sue and Doug Hoeffner
2010 Landmark GC
2008 Chev 2500 D&A

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
DWH

I recommend American Heritage RV Park in Williamsburg. Very nice campground with good people running it. It's on the West side of Williamsburg (exit 231A off of I-64) and is close to all of the Williamsburg attractions.

Check them out at www.americanheritagervpark.com

We've stayed there a couple of times and really like the campground.

Keith

beasleyrl

American Heritage - by far the best. We were there last weekend... Avoid Anvil at all costs (unless you like trains 10 feet from your rig every half hour)...

enthuz

Another vote for American Heritage here. However you will still hear an occasional train in the distance due to the tracks being nearby. You may not notice if you aren't looking for it. American Heritage is a well kept and peaceful CG. The owners are nice and so is the staff. The campers there all seem like a big family eventhough no one may not know each other (another reason why I like campers and RVing).

Man, I'm so jealous of you guys with your RVing! I'm stuck in a major project that will not end until late October and it is keeping me from enjoying nature. Just keep the pics coming so I don't have too bad of withdrawals.

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
My DW and I are planning on a short stay in the Colonial Williamsburg area later this year. I'm looking for campground recommendations with an emphasis on proximity to attractions and quality of campground. Any help would be much appreciated.None Thank you.:) Doug

Sue and Doug Hoeffner
2010 Landmark GC
2008 Chev 2500 D&A
We really like Colonial/Williamsburg KOA. It is very quiet there and lotsa trees with a nice 1/4 trail between the 2 CG. I have never been to American Heritage CG, so I cannot recommensd them.

berger

1 more vote for American Heritage. I know this reply is not timely. This was our second trip ever with a TT. We stayed a week as well. The park was almost full but was very quiet especially during "quiet Hours". The staff was very help full. The roads were a bit tight for us(newbies).