One Of These Things Is Not Like The Others.

Rigmover06

Well Here is the photographic evidence of my first long haul with our 3950.
And Boy do we ever stick out in this RV Park.

When we pulled in had people stating there was no way I was going to fit this unit into that campsite and I needed to ask for a pull thru spot.

Yup, they were wrong. I personally think she looks good behind the truck that paid for it.:p

As you can see my navigator was in a bigger hurry to get on the road than anybody else.:D

Attachments

• HPIM2601.JPG
    HPIM2601.JPG
    657.6 KB · Views: 208
  • HPIM2602.jpg
    HPIM2602.jpg
    494.9 KB · Views: 210
  • HPIM2609.jpg
    HPIM2609.jpg
    529.7 KB · Views: 244
  • HPIM2612.JPG
    HPIM2612.JPG
    671.7 KB · Views: 231
  • HPIM2641.JPG
    HPIM2641.JPG
    711.6 KB · Views: 233

Delaine and Lindy

Rigmover06, I agree people that haven't been around HDT's and MDT's don't realize how big they are, being a X-Truck driver I understand. We don't have a HDT but we do have a Freightliner M2 and the turning radius is much better than any Pick-up 1 ton we have owned. Great rig you have there. Another thing a lot of RVer's don't realize is the ride of the HDT's/MDT's but I really don't miss the concrete road dividers. We will be in Elkhart Monday to get our 2010 MS, will be interesting to see if I will notice the weight difference, it will be about 2,000 lbs or so, I will know for sure next week will run it over the Cat Scales, using the SWAG method I believe it will be over 20,000 lbs for the 38' MS. GBY....

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
From the looks of it, the naysayers must have been of the faint of heart variety. Or just afraid of using reverse gear. Looks like you had plenty of room to back in there the way the site is set up and angled. Nothing like knowing what you're doing.

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
Cool pictures...... that would draw alot of attention the places we have stayed.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
All i can say is nice looking dog! I am all for overkill in towing or anything automotive period.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dan, way to go. Find me a 65 narrow nose yet?? I would settle for a new "1693" kitty kat. I have always wondered if PAC-CAR would make someone a new one. Good looking rig. Have any problems on the hills?? NOT Bob:D

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
Well Here is the photographic evidence of my first long haul with our 3950.
And Boy do we ever stick out in this RV Park.

When we pulled in had people stating there was no way I was going to fit this unit into that campsite and I needed to ask for a pull thru spot.

Yup, they were wrong. I personally think she looks good behind the truck that paid for it.:p

As you can see my navigator was in a bigger hurry to get on the road than anybody else.:D
Kuddos to you for gettin 'er in there. DH hates when people come out of their RVs to watch us pull/back in. I know it's only gonna get worse when we get Big Red on the road!

Garry & Bev

travel bug
As we were looking at the pictures of your rig, I commented to my husband, "that campground sure looks familiar". Is it Fairmont Hotsprings per chance? One of our favorite spots to go. Maybe we'll see you there sometime.

Rigmover06

As we were looking at the pictures of your rig, I commented to my husband, "that campground sure looks familiar". Is it Fairmont Hotsprings per chance? One of our favorite spots to go. Maybe we'll see you there sometime.

Yup thats where we be. Leaving here in the morning for Mission BC.

We are in spot 189. Easy as heck to get into. The hardest part was getting around the corners cuz some people can't park in their stalls. Poking half way out the road.:D and the rocks on the corners.

Rigmover06

Hdt

Is the pin/saddle the same on a HDT?

The Kingpin diameter is the same be it HDT or a Reese hitch. Dunno why but it works awesome. I know my fifth wheel on my pete will easily take the weight of our 3950. I have had 200,000 lbs tied on to her and it's still in place.:D

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dan, just to echo Porthole, just how did you get the brakes on your coach to work... Bob:D

Rigmover06

Prodigy P3

I mounted a Prodigy P3 under the dash of the Pete, ran the wires to the batteries, ground and then my brake sense wire and trailer brakes to my junction box mounted in the tail of the truck. Took me about an hour to do all the wiring.