Montana RV Lie

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
In the June 2009 issue of RV View (put out by Camping World) there is an article touting the great features of the new Montana Fifth Wheel RV. In the article it states on page 42 "Keystone's Max-Turn technology allows a turning angle of up to 79 degrees - a full 5" beyond the nearest competitor" Correct me if I am wrong but the Heartland RV has an 88 degree turning radius. Seems to me that someone at Heartland RV needs to demand a correction from Camping World and possibly sue Keystone for this lie they are publicizing. Attention Corley Brady, isn't this in your realm?

ps here is the link to the magazine http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/d92594eb#/d92594eb/1

Last edited:

grizzlygiant

Somehow "demand" amd "sue" do not seem to be in the character of a quality company like Heartland. A gentle informative "correction" would better show the Heartland colors.

SilverRhino

Words to Frequently Used These Days

Have to agree with "Grizz"......those two words come up too quickly...and...much to often these days. Just my opinion:eek:

jmgratz

My only thought was how many folks have read that article and believed it? How long has Keystone (Montana) been putting out this false information? Is it in their sales brochures? Do their sales people tell that falsehood? Do people buy that product based on that information?

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I too am all for calling them out on their lie. I do however believe there are better avenues to do that without escalating it right from the get-go. I also think that a lot more of this type of thing happens in the RV industry than we ever hear about. Maybe not something to even get too bent out of shape over. Sounds really like the Magazine should be brought up to speed for not verifing their information first.

"Well that's all I got to say bout that"

My 2-cents,
mark

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I 2nd marks idea. Does anyone remember a few short weeks ago HL changing the name of Eagle Ridge to Elk Ridge because someone raised a stink. My 2cts + raising Marks by 2cts..........Bob:D

2010augusta

what planet are they living on, since when is 79 greater than 88 degrees. I don't know if a simple correction is ample, maybe Heartland could get a full write up on one of their products along with the TRUE claim of tightest turning radius with a short-bed truck.

jmgratz

Okay, how about this approach. Let's all let them know they have the wrong information. I have already written them. You can write RV View at comments@rvview.com
Maybe if they receive a ton of emails they will print the true story. At least it is worth a try. I just get upset when I see reputable magazines being duped into printing misinformation. If I did not know any better I would have believed their article.

azbound

I eMailed my concerns regarding this outrageous claim just moments ago. I hope all of you follow through and do the same.

2010augusta

I emailed Rvview and Keystone to inquire about the bases of their claim, and why Keystone has "overlooked" heartland as their nearest competition, or how a heartland can only turn 74 degrees. I post any responses I get from either.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
copy of my email to rvview magazine:

Sirs:
I am a proud owner of a Heartland Bighorn fifth wheel RV and they advertise that they have the best turning ratio available for a short bed truck, 88 degrees. Could you please correct your mistake in your next issue, or correct me if I am mistaken?
One of the main reasons I bought both a short bed truck and a Heartland RV was exactly for that reason, and now I am really confused. Please set all of us straight one way or the other. I have personally backed my truck and RV into almost a pretzel that was at least 88 degrees so I am positive your article on page 42 regarding the Montana was sadly mistaken as Heartland has a 88 degree turning ratio patent pending.
Larry Kuhn

scotty

Heartland 88 Degrees

None:), Didn't even think about it when I bought my 06 Big Horn, and was pleasantly surprised when I could jackknife it into my camping spot, more than 88 degrees and, short bed Dodge, no slider.;):cool:

2010augusta

Here is the response I got from Keystone about their claim:

Mr. Brown:

Thank you for considering a Montana fifth wheel. The new "Max Turn"
Montana front cap and radius frame allows for a 79 degree short bed
truck to fifth wheel angle which enables Montana owners to make 90
degree turns without hesitation. Furthermore, the Montana's unsurpassed
turning radius is accomplished without compromising structural integrity
by cutting the corners off the frame or adding an extended hitch pins.

The Heartland Bighorn frame has beveled corners and an extended hitch
which only allows for a 74 degree short bed truck to fifth wheel angle
and an 88 degree turning radius.

If you have any further questions please contact me at this e-mail
address or at one of the phone numbers listed below.

Best Regards,

Mark Krol

District Sales Manager
Keystone RV Company
Big Sky, Montana and Mountaineer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.