3055 Weight Distribution

vangoes

As my tires on my 3055 have shown much more tread wear on the left side than on the right I was wondering if it may be a weight distribution issue. For any of you 3055 owners that had your rig weighted at the ralley, I was wondering if it showed heavier on the leftside than the right. With the refrig and the sleeper couch (metal frame) both on the left side of the trailer, it would seem logical that this could be the case.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
My off door weights are 200 lbs front axle- rear axle 250 lbs heavier than the curbside , not much difference.....Kenny

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Van, Like Ken says, I don't think a couple hundred pounds is significant enough to cause premature tire wear. I do think that alignment is a very important factor. Any good semi trailer shop would be best to check it.

BobSue

I had mine weighed at the Goshen rally.

The person who weighed it commented on how closely matched it was from side to side.

I don't remember the exact weights (print out is in the trailer), but they were very even side to side and on front vs rear axles.

vangoes

Van, Like Ken says, I don't think a couple hundred pounds is significant enough to cause premature tire wear. I do think that alignment is a very important factor. Any good semi trailer shop would be best to check it.

Deep down this is my suspicion also; however the left rear wore evenly across the tread pattern which sometimes can indicate a weight issue. But the front left wore on the inside from the last tread pattern inward, which could be a camber issue. The China bombs have 13,000 miles so there is no great loss, I just dont want to wear out my new tires I have ordered.