Oshkosh Airventure 09

It was tricky getting the 3400 maneuvered into the Sleepy Hollow CG for this year's airshow week. Tons of people and lots of flying!

Attachments

• Oshkosh BigHorn.jpg
    Oshkosh BigHorn.jpg
    788.8 KB · Views: 146

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
Looks tight in there.... was there hook ups or are you boondocking?

My neighbor flew up last year, said it was a blast.

flamingknitter

`

Boy does that bring back memories. We used to make the pilgrimage every other year. We started with our Piper Cherokee and two of us flying commercial. The last year, we flew our North American Navion. Camped under the wing every time. That is an incredible air show. Glad you had a good time.

ricatic

Deb and I were at Oshkosh as well. It was the first trip in our new 09 3055RL. We stayed in the Camp Scholler area on the airport. EAA is saying they had more campers there this year than ever. I believe them. They came close to filling up the place.

Ricatic

Blessed

Me and two other guys were there in my Landmark Monticello. This was our third year in a row. We stay at a KOA at Fond du Lac. It is about 25 minutes south, but it has full hook-up. We had a great time and the weather was cooler than lhe last two years which was good --- not a lot of shade at on a runway.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Me and two other guys were there in my Landmark Monticello. This was our third year in a row. We stay at a KOA at Fond du Lac. It is about 25 minutes south, but it has full hook-up. We had a great time and the weather was cooler than lhe last two years which was good --- not a lot of shade at on a runway.
I was there for one day last year. I think it was the hottest day of the show. I missed it this year. Probably cause the weather was was much nicer. I plan on going next year for sure. Back in the 90's i went 6 years in a row. Camp Scholler every time. (in the generator area:D)

Oshkosh

Looks tight in there.... was there hook ups or are you boondocking?

My neighbor flew up last year, said it was a blast.

Mark, so sorry for the late reply, I've been off the net for a while.

Sleepy Hollow had 30a and water only. We had to pay $25 to have the tanks pumped out. Luckily only had to do it once.

Packed in so tight, I had to retract the bedroom slide so neighbors wouldn't bump their head departing their RV. No way to open awning or have a fire ring. Oh well... it was fun anyway.
Jay