Goldway tires

StevenJ

I have a 2008 3600RL, going into our 3rd summer and had a tire issue, The tire bubble on the side so I put the spare on. They are LT235/85R16 tires. Should I replace all four or just the bad one. Has onyone had similar issues with Goldway and who is Goldway anyway. Thanks, Steven J.:)

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Steven, goldwings are know as china bombs. If you have made it through 3 summers thats great. You might check on the inside of the wheel and see if it has a marking for 110#. Well assuming that they are the cast aluminum wheels. If they do, then you can put on either the Goodyear G614's or Michelin's. There are plenty of threads on here that address tire issues. If 1 tire has gone south, most likely the others are not far behind. Bob:D

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
IMHO please get rid of those 'China bombs' quick for your own safety. You have pressed your luck longer than most. For a G (110#) rims I would recommend Goodyear 614's, and for an E (80#) rims I would recommend Michelins. Good luck and stay safe.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We have a 08' 3600RL too, that came with the Goldways...you did better than us...we got bubbles within the first two months and 2,000 miles. We replaced all five immediately with Goodyear G614's...don't have a clue who makes Goldway, just know they're Chinese POS's.

I would get rid of all of them...if one had a bubble they all will eventually. Make sure you look at the inside of the tires too...our worst bubbles couldn't be seen without getting under the 5er.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We had Goldways and they made it one season before we got bubbles. It would better to replace all four and the spare since our spare that had never been on the ground had bubbles!
Kristy

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Another thing that might help.. I looked on the inside of my rim and it did not say 110# but it gave the weight capability of 3750. This should be the same rating.

BC