Black Tank Flush system not working

DMAX154

I am not so sure that my black tank flushing system is working on out 2010 Sundance. I have had in on several time before and I can't hear it running. ( I would think that you would be able to hear it ) And I don't think there is any water comming out after the other tanks are empty. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a valve that needs to be opened or what else could the probem be?

2010augusta

Some people have had issues with broken check valves. You might take a look in the back side of the UDC to see if the check valve is installed to correct direction and then remove it, to see if it is working. There should not be any other valves that could stop the flow. hope this helps

2010augusta

Universal Docking Center, where all the hooks ups are. To get to it you will have to remove about six screws from the board that sits diagonally behind the UDC. Three screws should go in from the UDC and Three in from the back side. Once the screws are out the panel can be removed and you get to see the "guts" of the RV. Good luck

Bobby A

I put hinges and a latch on my panel, I was back there so many times I got tired of undoing the screw.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Before I hooked up my manifold, I could hear the water running. Now it's pretty quiet. The outflow, however, is not as "violent" as dumping the tank. If you have not already done so, attach a clear extension to your sewer hookup so you can visually monitor the flow. If the water is on, there's no pressure leakage at the fittings, and no lake growing under the rig, it's probably flowing. You do have the tank valve open, yes?

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Good point JohnDar, my black tank flush got real quite once also>......somebody forgot to open the main drain valve :rolleyes:. Maybe thats what happen to yours.

Hottop

I had the same issue recently of our Sundance 3300rlb. I took the circle access out of the shower and found the check valve for the black tank flush, it was installed backwards. I just disconnected it and turned around and presto the black tank flush works great. Hope this helps!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Sounds like whoever is responsible for installing the backflow valves needs some retraining.

DMAX154

Finally got around to checking the check valve. and guess what,..... it was installed backwards...Thanks guys you have been a big help..

CPE

black tank flush system

I entered a post before and since I found mine not working on my trailer, spent 5 hours between going to the dealer for fittings and finally finding my check valve hide out area in my shower! The dealer gave me 3 places to try and I finally found it. It was installed backwards; I replumbed it correctly and now works excellent.
I go along with couple others have dealer test EVERYTHING at time of purchase before taking unit home first time. My dealer tested ALMOST everything and obviously factory does not either !

CPE

CPE

check valve

I had the same issue recently of our Sundance 3300rlb. I took the circle access out of the shower and found the check valve for the black tank flush, it was installed backwards. I just disconnected it and turned around and presto the black tank flush works great. Hope this helps!

Just a word of caution--you can't reconnect valve using present fittings. The valve MUST be mounted with airgap at the top if not, it will remain closed and you could syphon back water from your tank in to your piping system for the flush.

CPE

VTFleming

Our black tank flush won't work at all...how do we figure out if the valve in the shower is backwards????

Not Handy
Tina