Under Carriage Repair

gonervn

Bill & Sallie
I had a leak in my Bighorn and the dealer cut the plastic under carriage to get to the leak. I did not realize it at the time, but he duct taped the cuts. Now a year later I noticed the tape is all coming off. What can I use to cover the cuts?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I had a leak in my Bighorn and the dealer cut the plastic under carriage to get to the leak. I did not realize it at the time, but he duct taped the cuts. Now a year later I noticed the tape is all coming off. What can I use to cover the cuts?

With a little bit of wood, some hinges and a latch, you might be able to fashion it into a trap door so you could access it easily again, should the need arise. Barring that try the metal foil HVAC duct tape. It works much better than the fabric kind.

geeksrus

I used Gorilla Tape to patch some of the areas where there were gaps.... holds up very well.

Also, I tried 'flashing' tape (silver) but it seems unless you get every part of the patch heated properly, it won't adhere over the long haul.

Eh!

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Try this...found at some Home Depot stores.

Attachments

• Nashua Select 527-20 Flashing Tape.pdf
    130.6 KB · Views: 39

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I used Gorilla Tape to patch some of the areas where there were gaps.... holds up very well.

Also, I tried 'flashing' tape (silver) but it seems unless you get every part of the patch heated properly, it won't adhere over the long haul.

Eh!

Not flashing tape, but metal foil HVAC duct tape. I use it for my woodworking dust collection system connections and it does not "unstick" itself like regular duct tape.