Fridge & led light

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Today was our lucky day. We have been looking to buy a small fridge to put where the washer/dryer would go. In todays paper was an ad for the same one at Target that Lowes has. Lowes $199.00.........Target $139.00. Same fridge...different name. Made in china I'm sure. We had to take somethings back to Lowes..so..we thought we would ask if they would meet that price. YEP and 10% more. WHOOOOPIE. Out the door...$125.00. Its a 3.1 cu ft..double door with freezer (and reversable doors). The target coupon is good until Thursday of the week. Want a fridge instead of a W/D? Find the Target ad..then go to Lowes. Fits perfect in the closet.

Patty also found these little LED, battery powered lites at Wally-World. $6.00 and the lens swivels, held on by velcro. They also make some that have 2 seperate lights that swivel. Like for reading lamps. They are bright and would save your battery when dry camping. BTW, this 1 has a photo-cell to turn on the lamp when it gets dark...kewl.

Just though i would let you guys in on this. Pix posted. Bob:D

Attachments

• fridge 002 (Medium).jpg
    fridge 002 (Medium).jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 85
  • fridge 003 (Medium).jpg
    fridge 003 (Medium).jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 90
  • fridge 001 (Medium).jpg
    fridge 001 (Medium).jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 88
  • fridge 004 (Medium).jpg
    fridge 004 (Medium).jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 88

jgilbert

Where are the picts of the fridge installed? :)

I don't know about that light that comes on when it is dark. Is it at full brightness? Wouldn't that mean changing the batteries frequently?

Joe

Bob&Patty

Joe, the pix are coming. I need to add a new receptical on the wall. Other wise the plug would be by the closet door. I did plug in the fridge and in 3 hours it was making ice. As to the light, that would be a yes and no. If you placed the light in a dark or shaded area, then yes it would go through batterys. We needed it shine a light on the DVD holder I made behind the LR TV. It has a regular on ..off switch, or you can set to come on when it gets dark. Bob:D:D

SilverRhino

Drain Line? / Dimensions ?

Do you have to run a drain line for condensation etc.??

What are the dimensions of this unit?? We've considered adding one to the front storage area in our BC. This would be a great size if it fit.

Bob&Patty

Joe, here are some pix of it installed in the closet. We also used an old chair strap the secure it and hold the doors closed. Sorry but that was the best I could do, I dont fit inside the closet too well.

Randy, its 19" wide...20" deep...33 1/2 high. Lowes and HD both have the same ones just different names. I think looking at the fridge part that there isn't and problem with condensation. The freezer part has a recessed bottom that should hold quite alot of water. It doesnt need a drain pan.

Bob:D

Attachments

• fridge 005 (Medium) (Medium).jpg
    fridge 005 (Medium) (Medium).jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 76
  • fridge 008 (Medium).jpg
    fridge 008 (Medium).jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 74
  • fridge 007 (Medium).jpg
    fridge 007 (Medium).jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 66

wdk450

Regarding the LED lights at WalMart

I bought one of those earlier that comes on when you wave your hand in front of it. We installed it in the range hood area for extra cooking light.
I got 2 of the swivel kind you described to go in the top spring doors of my truck toolbox for finding stuff in there at night.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Do you have to run a drain line for condensation etc.??

What are the dimensions of this unit?? We've considered adding one to the front storage area in our BC. This would be a great size if it fit.
We have a freezer in the same location. The install instructions said to maintain a clearance around the back and sides but nothing about a condensate drain. These small units are not frost free so we set a tray with a towel in front of it when we defrost. I also have it blocked away from the side and back walls to maintain clearance.

wdk450

Regarding Freezer Condensate Drain

Gang:
Most modern compressor refigerators and freezers drain the condensate out of the cold boxes into an external pan that has a hot refrigeration tubing line running through it. This evaporates the condensate back into the air.

Bob&Patty

Ray, to you and to the others. Ray is correct. You have to leave some air-gap behind the refer. I put velcro on a 2X4 and stuck it to the wall behind the refer. I have about a 2" gap now. Ya never know, I might jury- rig a small fan behind there just in case. I did forget to mention that I did put a piece of plywood down, cause it sank into carpet quite a bit. The front feet are adjustable. The wood helped getting it level. Bob:D