Dually information

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
This may be a dumb question but I have never owed a dually until now. Here is the question. Do the tire valve stems on the inner and outer tires always stay aligned or is it possible to get into a situation where the inner or outer tire turns more than the other one causing the valve stems to change their alignment. I ask this because I was considering putting valve stem extensions on the inner tire but it could cause it to break off if the tires could move differently.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
At least with the extensions on the stem, they ought to be able to install them correctly. When I got new tires recently, they installed the inside rear tires where you could not even access the valve stems without having them sitting just right and then crawling under the truck and checking the air from underneath. I was quick to get that corrected! :)

2010augusta

Thanks, I thought the were "clocked".

I try to clock mine 180 degrees apart when I mount them, it helps with balance a bit. Once they are mounted to the studs they can't move unless something breaks. and then a valve stem is the least of your worries.

As far as extensions go I really like the Wheel Masters Airless extensions. Don't have to worry about the extensions leaking.

porthole

Retired
Seems as if every time we send a fire engine /truck to the tire shop for new tires the "tire guy" pushes the inner stem out of the way to jam the outer tire on :confused: