Landmark Oakmont Wall Borders Bubbling Up

bowser66

I am not sure it this is the right place to post this, so I apologize if it isn't. My wife and I just recently purchased a 2009 Landmark Oakmont and we love it. It has been sitting in our drive way as we are getting ready for our winter trip to Texas. I have noticed that the wall border is bubbling up in several places. It is doing it in the living room and the kitchen. I was wondering if I need to try and pull it off, smooth out the bubbles and try to replace it or will I need to get some new border material from heartland. Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Bowser, I think I would try to smooth the bubbles out myself first. If that doesn't work, take back to the dealer to get it repaired/replaced.

You said that you are making your winter trip to Texas. If you are going to be in the Houston area in October, we'd love to have you come to our rally in Spring, just north of Houston at the Rayford Crossing RV Resort.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
bowser, once the border begins to bubble, I don't think you will ever get it to adhere again. It will probably need to be replaced. Your dealer is your best option to get the ball rolling for replacement border. Another option is to remove the border. you might be surprised at the new look and just like it better. It's easy to remove, just slowly peel it off.

Netem

You might try putting a hole in the bubble with a needle and working the air out.