Another 'location' question...

rat4go

With 100+ gallons of fresh water capacity, that's 800lbs of liquid that's not included in the 'empty' weight. I can handle the extra 800lbs of trailer weight, but likely couldn't handle it if it made the pin weight of a 3795 any heavier. Roughly, where's the center of the fresh tank relative to the center of the middle axle on the 3795. If the answer is anything 'rearward', I don't need more detail. If it's forward at all, I'm interested in the tank centerline location relative to the pin and the center axle location relative to the pin so I can do the math for increased tongue weight due to a full tank of fresh water. Reason for asking: The pin wt. on the 3795 model is close to putting me over GVW for my TV, and too much more than listed in the specs will certainly do it. I won't always have toys in the back to 'lighten' the pin load, and my toys are dirtbikes, and thus fairly light anyway....

Thanks!

Scott

The fresh water tank is almost always centered over the axles as close as possible in every model we build.
FYI

ST

rat4go

Water tank Location

Perfect! That's the right answer!

As an aside, I wish my (non-Heartland) TT was like that. Even though it only holds 40 gal of water, it's half way between the tongue and axle, thus adds more than 150 lbs of tongue when full. My current truck (2500HD) doesn't mind, but my previous truck (1500) wasn't too happy with the extra tongue wt., even with more tension on the load bars.

Thanks!

Rich

HappyKayakers

Scott,
Could I also get the locations of the other tanks on a 3600RL. I'll be driving a lot the next few weeks and may experiment with adding/holding fluids in various tanks to see how it affects the ride.

Scott

HappyKayakers,
Give Scott Lytle a call at 574.266.8726 and tell him you would like a drawing of the tank locations on your Bighorn 3600RL and I'll bet he can help you with that.

ST