sanitation discharge pipe goes "up"

porthole

Retired
Is this correct?

My front grey and black tanks share the same discharge pipe to the center located dump fitting.

This pipe does not drain down. It goes up from the front connection to the center mounted "Y".

This can't be correct, can it?

The trailer is level in these pictures, it is the driveway that is sloped, as well as the pipe.

Attachments

• Sewer_pipe_01.jpg
    Sewer_pipe_01.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 137
  • Sewer_pipe_03.jpg
    Sewer_pipe_03.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 130

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Unfortunately you will find this to be a "normal" RV thing. I too have an uphill drain situation but haven't really tried to fix it. This is exactly why you need that gate valve right at your sewer hose hookeup. I see that you added one. The fluids that stay in the upeards drain pipe over time while traveling work their way towards the exit pipe and then we get that wonderful residual ilk when we pull the cap off without a gate valve.

Are you going to try and fix yours??

Good luck,
Mark

porthole

Retired
Unfortunately you will find this to be a "normal" RV thing. I too have an uphill drain situation but haven't really tried to fix it. This is exactly why you need that gate valve right at your sewer hose hookeup. I see that you added one. The fluids that stay in the upeards drain pipe over time while traveling work their way towards the exit pipe and then we get that wonderful residual ilk when we pull the cap off without a gate valve.

Are you going to try and fix yours??

If it was the rear grey tank probably would not matter that much to me.
I posted an "ask the factory" question, see where that goes. BTW the rear tank has plenty of slope.

If it is normal then I just don't agree with it.

As to fixing it, maybe.
Not now anyway. We have a couple of trips planned and I don't want to start something that could turn into a major project.

When I get a chance I'll drop the cover and see how much pipe is left. If it looks like there is sufficient pipe I'll cut it all out and re-do it.

Really shouldn't have to do that though.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I agree with you, shouldn't be that way and no, you shouldn't have to fix it either. For me, I have learned to live with it.

jbeletti

Duane,

This looks like a production error for sure. Up to you as to whether you want to tackle it on your own or take it to a competent dealer for warranty repair.

I have passed the post and pictures to production, engineering, brand management and QC. If we are still doing this, we need to make corrections on the production floor ASAP.

Sorry it is happening to some now :(

Jim

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you are going to be close to Elkhart, you might give Jim Fenner a call and see if they could fix it at the factory. Just a thought.

porthole

Retired
I "was" close to Elkhart 2 weeks ago :cool:

I had some issues taken care of at the plant then.

Got to say, the folks at the plant went way out of their way to take care of my items so I could go back to New Jersey where there are no Cyclone dealers.

I have a slide problem now, and true to what I read before purchasing a Heartland, a rep was quick to make arrangements for me to have it checked and the dealer we picked sounds more then pleased to help take care of my problem.

We are going to have the dealer look at the trailer at my convenience and then determine a course of actions.

porthole

Retired
Duane,

This looks like a production error for sure. Up to you as to whether you want to tackle it on your own or take it to a competent dealer for warranty repair.

I have passed the post and pictures to production, engineering, brand management and QC. If we are still doing this, we need to make corrections on the production floor ASAP.

Sorry it is happening to some now :(

Jim

You can see it for yourself next week Jim. There will be at least two 3010's at the PA rally.

If we are still doing this, we need to make corrections on the production floor ASAP.

I think I already started this with my kitchen outlet ....................

porthole

Retired
Jim,

Somewhere you posted what was recommend as the way to attack the repair. I can't find the post, do you remember?