Jensen 32" TV in 2010 Cyclone

porthole

Retired
I have the above TV in my new 2010 Cyclone 3010.

There appears to be a "ghost image" when the TV is on but with no source. Almost like the Jensen logo that first comes up is burned in. Is this possible?

I have two TVs from the factory, one in the bedroom and the main in the LR. The bedroom TV came with a stand that I'm sure is supplied from the factory.

Was there supposed to be a stand supplied with the Jensen?

I need the stand, I plan on using the Jensen in the bedroom on the dresser and using my Sony in the living room, as it has a head phone jack.

Erma

I have the jensen system in my 2010 TT and haven't had a problem with it. I have the extension arm as well that is mounted in the overhead cabinet.

JENSENRVdirect

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers and the Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

A certain amount of "ghost imaging" can be expected with LCD television, which will remain for brief periods after a static image has been displayed. LCD televisions are not subject to "screen burn-in" or permanent image retention that were possible on tube (CRT) televisions. With normal use, image retention will fade quickly as you watch the TV. If the ghost image presents during normal use of the television, please contact us for further resolution.

Our televisions are available with or without stands. Depending on the application, Heartland has provided both versions in its product offerings. However, we do make these stands available for purchase as an accessory through our retail website. Please visit the following link to order the stand for your TV:

http://www.jensenrvdirect.com/index.php?page=product_details&id=36

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

porthole

Retired
So, I went to this website to buy a stand that I feel should have been supplied with my TV. As I posted earlier, every flat panel I have owned came with a stand.

Anyway, I ordered the stand listed here

Thinking that it would be a kit. There are NO screws supplied with the stand.
Should I be looking on a different part of the website for the screws that are not supplied with the stand that was not supplied with my TV????

And - I have pictures of the "ghosting" that I will post later. I believe it is not right. Especially since every flat panel that I have owned does not exhibit this behavior. I got to look at this image for several hours two nights in a row watching the NASA channel for last weeks launch.

And - I have problems with my remote. It seems that it only works about 30% of the time, and yes I did try changing the batteries.

Any suggestions?

Our televisions are available with or without stands. Depending on the application, Heartland has provided both versions in its product offerings. However, we do make these stands available for purchase as an accessory through our retail website. Please visit the following link to order the stand for your TV:

porthole

Retired
I need the screws for the TV .................................................

I need a remote that works all the time ..................................

I need a TV that does not have a ghost image taking up a good 1/3 of the display .......................................

So, I went to this website to buy a stand that I feel should have been supplied with my TV. As I posted earlier, every flat panel I have owned came with a stand.

Anyway, I ordered the stand listed here

Thinking that it would be a kit. There are NO screws supplied with the stand.
Should I be looking on a different part of the website for the screws that are not supplied with the stand that was not supplied with my TV????

And - I have pictures of the "ghosting" that I will post later. I believe it is not right. Especially since every flat panel that I have owned does not exhibit this behavior. I got to look at this image for several hours two nights in a row watching the NASA channel for last weeks launch.

And - I have problems with my remote. It seems that it only works about 30% of the time, and yes I did try changing the batteries.

Any suggestions?

JENSENRVdirect

The stand attachment screws normally come pre-installed to the TV in the holes on the rear of the TV where the stand attaches (as opposed to with the stand. Please check this location by removing the cover on the bottom of the TV. If the screws are there, remove the stand attachment screws from the TV, insert the stand into the bottom of the TV and re-insert the screws to affix the stand. If your screws are missing from the rear of the TV, please let us know and we will provide the screws you need.

Can you email us the photos of the "ghosting" you are experiencing?

The issue you are experiencing could be the remote, the IR sensor on the television, or interference from other electronics. You can verify the remote is working properly by viewing the IR LED on the front of the remote through a digital camera (cell phone camera would be fine). You should see a white, blinking light on the IR LED if the remote is functioning. See if you can see this light when you are experiencing the problem using the remote. If you do not see this light when you press any of the buttons, then the remote is not working properly. If you would prefer to not wait to perform this testing/inspection, we can send you a replacement remote immediately. However, we cannot guarantee that this will solve your problem due to the reasons above.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

porthole

Retired
Hello,

I am at a less then high speed connection so I will send the pics when we get back next week. Thanks.

porthole

Retired
OK, here are some pics. Not easy to capture with the camera and it is much more visible in person. It was especially noticeable for the nights I was waiting for the shuttle launch.

Attachments

• TV Ghost_00.jpg
    TV Ghost_00.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 41
  • TV Ghost_01.jpg
    TV Ghost_01.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 36

JENSENRVdirect

Thank you for supplying the photos. It does appear there is an issue with the screen. Our Customer Service department will be able to assist you or your dealer with warranty on your TV. Please call (877) 845-8750 at your convenience and we will get a replacement unit shipped to you. We will make sure the remote control works correctly as well as the screws to attach the stand are affixed to the TV in the proper locations prior to shipping.

porthole

Retired
So, two calls to customer service were needed.
The second only because I called around 8pm the first time. Someone still answered the phone though, gave me the information I needed for when I called back during daylight hours and their extension in case I had a problem.

With the Daylight call shipping info was exchanged and several days later I had a new TV on my porch. I was more then willing to make the swap myself so it save some labor on their part and dealing with taking the trailer to a shop on my part.

In the end; prompt, courteous service and a new TV. A-1

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
In the end; prompt, courteous service and a new TV. A-1[/QUOTE]

How great is that!

Peace
Dave

porthole

Retired
Return tracking

<DT><LABEL>Delivered On:</LABEL> </DT><DD>11/06/2009 9:59 A.M. <!-- End Date Label --><!-- Begin Multiple Labels --></DD><DT><LABEL>Signed By:</LABEL> </DT><DD>HELBLING </DD><DT><LABEL>Location:</LABEL> </DT><DD>DOCK </DD><DT><LABEL>Delivered To: </LABEL></DT><DD>ELKHART, IN, US </DD>

Last edited: