Bed height on 2008 Chev 4x4 S/B CC

joemama

My dealer just took delivery of a Road Warrior 305 so we went to look at it. Nice, but when I dropped my tail gate and backed under it to check out my height between the coach and the bed rail the dealer said the coach would need some mods in order to ride level. He suggested rasing the coach 4". I am not real keen on this idea. I do need clearence. I do alot of dry camping in extreme areas that require uneven roads with alot of different angles. Has any body had any problems with this clearence with the new body Chevrolets?
Joe

porthole

Retired
The Road Warrior 305 is the same chassis/floor plan of the Cyclone 3010 (we have).

That trailer already has a 1 foot shorter tailgate (7' versus 8'), making for a bit of a steep angle getting into the trailer.

I would not want to raise the height of my trailer another 4 inches.

As it is I added about 1 inch of height with the MOR/Ryde IS. The trailer now has an overall height of 13'

Did the dealer say how he would add the height?
The axles are already "flipped" on this trailer.

joemama

Bed height 2008 Chev

Hey Porthole
Great pics on the new addition it looks really nice.
The dealer suggested 4" frame rail under the coach to raise it
says they do it all the time? I don't know about this.
Joe

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
My Ford has 20" wheels and sits higher than a standard Ford model. My Reeses hitch installer lowered my hitch one setting so that the trailer would ride level. Still have plenty of bed rail clearance. Is your hitch adjustable?

R.Pratt

I just took delivery of my 3850 with an 08 cc sb silverado duramax, and yes i had bed rail issues, when i make a turn over 45 deg the aft most portion of the pin box made contact with the rails, i am looking at raising the coach the few inches that are already built into the suspension with adjustment holes and extending my ranch hitch adapter, if it all goes right i should be able to hit the magical 90+ deg turn with the extension i have on the ranch hitch

busted2341

Boat to 5er

I just bought aan 09 Ford 350 4x4 and my reese hitch is set second from the bottom hole which I think is a little high. Do you or anyone out there know the optimum height for the 5er to sit above the bed rails?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Busted, minimum 5". I cant say about fords. But the new body style chevy trucks have an 1 1/2" higher bed rails. That is measuring from the bottom of the bed inside to the top of the side rails. I'm not so sure about raising an already top heavy coach anymore that I had to. IMHO. Bob:)

busted2341

Thanx for the info. I have spent the better part of the day trying to find what I beleived I read at the time that said the height was 5 1/2 ". I still believe that to be true....Anyway I lowered the hitch height and am still ok for now....