how do you post pictures?

aatauses

I have taken a few pictures of my delamination issue, but have tried several ways to get them on the forum with no positive results. Can someone give me directions to post a few pictures.
thanks
aatauses

SmokeyBare

aatauses,

When you post... try using the button below that is labled "Go Advanced". You will see that post location has a "Tool Bar" and next to the "SmileyFace" you will find a "Paper Clip"

Use the "Paper Clip" to attach photos.

Hope this helps...

timdebs

You have to make sure your file (picture) is NOT too BIG. If it is the picture will not upload.

irvin56

try this out

I have had to link to webshots as I did not know how to attach

Thanks for info. I will try

It works Thanks

Attachments

• revelstroke steam trains 005.jpg
    revelstroke steam trains 005.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 43

TXBobcat

Fulltime
There is another way. If you wish to put larger pictures in the forum you can go to a place like Photobucket and have it give you a URL to paste directly into the post. It would look something like this. I removed the first [ and the last ] so you can see the proper code I copied from Photobucket.

IMG]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r27/ka5kmu/2009/2009-06-16%20Trevor/DSC_2250.jpg[/IMG

Below is what the image would look like correctly pasted into the post.
Hope this helps..

DSC_2250.jpg

jbeletti

Here's a tutorial:
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=4098

Be sure to resize your images to about 800x600 before uploading them.

If you end up linking to your own hosted images instead, the size restriction is not as critical.

Jim

aatauses

Thanks everyone---I will be out for a few days and when I get back will try your suggestions so you can better see what I am talking about with the side delamination on the bottom of the slides.
aatauses

k-f-Indiana

I have read this thread and some links. However, I still can't get a picture in my signature. I am using photobucket and have resized my picture to less than 500 x 100. Now I am getting a message, "This GIF image has the incorrect file extension." I am using the URL supplied by Photobucket, but there are 4 choices (Email & IM, Direct Link, HTML Code or IMG Code). Could I be using the wrong one? Any help is appreciated.

2010augusta

K-F are you using the signature picture helper, below the text typing box. see screen shot below.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 18

2010augusta

I just used the "copy image location" option on an on-line image and paste it into the "the image on another website". and it works for me

2010augusta

I cannot get pictures from photobucket into the signature, but an image from my blog works and pictures from the computer are really easy. I'd just stick with files from your computer. just save it as a .jpg and upload to this site.