City water connection

sjarrell

Success through Design
Hello all, I just got back from a weekend of camping. While camping on Saturday I noticed the underbell storage compartment in the front had a lot of moisture on the floor. It was not on the ceiling and leaking, nor were any parts of the interior walls wet. What I did find was that the hose had pulled the city water connection free from the wall and was tilted out about 1/2" on the top. Now the screw hole is stripped out and I need to repair it. My question is this, I have not removed the interior panels yet to look but is it possible this extra stress on the water line caused the water leak also can I get a plumbing schematic for my camper (2010 28BH)? I am thinking the water was coming from aft of the interior wall and moving under the carpet. Since the water was only on the rear half of the floor. Once I found this and adjusted the hose so it could not flex, it seemed to start drying up and is now 100% dry. I think a 90 degree fitting would make more sense in future builds so that the hose comes straight up and connects rather than making a 90 degree turn.

Jimmyt5

I purchased a 90o turn that I leave connected and then the hose comes straight up...

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
We did the same. Used the one from the old TT. You buy the 90* brass fittings a Wally World. Bought some quick disconnects and installed them also.

aatauses

When I connect the city hose I put a small clamp on the hose just inside the compartment. This takes all the stress off the connection and also gives it a 'straight' connection
aatauses

sjarrell

Success through Design
Thanks for the replys, I really like the home made manifold picture. I took the interior wall down today and tried to find the leak. I did not find anything at all. No cracks or broken fittings. what I did find was that my City water connector on the inside of the UDC took another 1.5 turns to get tight. I think the stress from the hose and the lose fitting cause my leak. I tightened it up and fixed the exterior flange. I turned on the water and nada. no leaking. So now I am off to Wally world to get the 90 degree brass fitting. thank you to everyone.

-Steve