Shower Faucet Replacement

jbeletti

Stella,

At the rally, I recall you mentioning that you replaced your shower faucet with a single lever, scald guard model. Would you care to elaborate on it? I'd love to see a picture of the valve and head and hear anything you care to pass along about the installation.

Sorry I never made it over to your unit to see it. Maybe you should drag the unit out to Lehman's near Marengo this weekend and camp with us (rally of two units...

Thanks,

Jim

Stella

Rally Survivor
Shower Valve

I uploaded a picture of our shower valve. We originally had the double handle valve and a round access panel below. We removed the access panel and install a Moen Posi-Temp Shower valve with Kingsly Brushed Nickel Trim. http://www.moen.com/browsecatalog/productcatalog/configurator.cfm?skurefno=231452 At the time we did the install the valve was available in a PEX valve, but an IPS valve will work just fine - Pex adapators are readily available at the hardware store. The major drawback to PEX is the tool it really tough to work in tight spaces. To cover the old shower valve plate we used a grohe 6" eschutcheon in brushed nickel with the single hole opening. The shower hose attached to a Moen drop ear el in brushed nickel. We are still using the shower hose and head that came with the unit.

Attachments

• shower.JPG
    shower.JPG
    204.9 KB · Views: 84

Stella

Rally Survivor
Lehmans

We are already back at Sugar Shores and fully set up. I guess Mark is tired of travelling as the hitch is back on the shelf in the garage. We should still get together, maybe we could meet at the Rockford speedway for the trailer races??:)

jbeletti

Stella,

Thanks for the part number, picture and URL. Nice looking for sure. Bit too pricey for me though. I really didn't have a sense for the cost before.

Trailer races - what is that? Doubt we'll want to leave our CG to head to Rockford. We still need to get together at some point.

Jim

timk

Jim,
You can pick up a shower valve at the Home Depot for under a hundred bucks. But I didnt think you coould get to the back to hook it up. Another project ?? hmmmm
TimK

jbeletti

Thanks Tim. I showed Stella's faucet picture to my wife and she said it looks familiar. Then I took a shower and now I know why it looks familiar. We have the exact posi-temp model in our townhome.

But yeah, $100 sounds a lot better. Maybe I can get user Stella and her DH to come install mine - they're so close by. Can you say labor "trade-out"!

Jim

Stella

Rally Survivor
trailer races

Well Jim, the trailer races are just what they sound like. People racing around an oval track pulling a trailer (extremely stripped down). And its this Saturday. Its almost as much fun as the schoolbus races. http://www.rockfordspeedway.com/