Flexguard Wire Support

Redcoat1

My Flexguard support has broken at both ends and it is too short to fasten at either end. Is there a fix for this ?
I don't want to buy a new one to have it break also. It is a poor design and will not stand up to any wear and tear. Any help is much appreciated.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Mine is broken also. Broke within a week of getting the coach. I got a 'Flex-guard fix' from the Lippert website (Lippert make flex-guard) and all I can say is don't waste your time as it doesn't work. I used RESCUE TAPE and tie wraps to fix mine and that worked just fine.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I broke the end that attachés to the frame. I used a door hinge to repair , just drilled the plastic to match the hinge holes and used 1/4 inch bolts to attach. Then mount to frame , I just re drilled hinge to match mounting holes that was on frame , works better than before.....Kenny

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Mine broke in 2 places. In the middle and at the frame. Put a hinge in each place. Its works just peachy now. Bob:D

jnbhobe

Flex-guard is what carries the wires and what ever else needs to muve in and out with the slideout. JON:cool: :cool: :cool:

jmgratz

The Flex-guard is the flat black plastic like piece under the slide that the cables and wires are attached to. The Flex-guard is supposed to help protect and carry the wires and cables. It will hang down when broken when the slide is in.

nscaler2

Ours too

Ours broke where it connects to the frame on the entertainment slideout. I repaired using the door hing method as described above. I also replaced the connection to the frame on the side with the couch and dinette just before it broke. That was almost 4 years ago. No problems since. Just lube the hinge with some motor oil once in a while. I was lucky. The holes in the door hinges matched the ones in the frame so it was just a matter of drilling holes in the flexguard to match the hinge and connect it to the frame.

talley

I did the repairs with zip ties a couple of years ago and recently the door hinge repair (credit given to forum post on the hinge). Both work great. I did buy one of the carriers from Lippert for replacement. Lippert price was $45...

G

gar246

I also have had a proplem with the Flex-guard. I picked up my new 2009 Bighorn 3607rl and by the time i had made my 70 mile trip home one had already broke. Called
back to the dealer and they replaced it. Stated that was the first time they ever had trouble with them. YA! A poor design.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
I guess someone will tell me where the flex guard is supposed to be as I couldn't find anything. Duh............ I need to take a "how to use tools class soon" LOL.

jmgratz

I have fixed my flex guard a number of times and I have finally gave up. It is a piece of junk in my opnion. Another Lippert product.

M

meanderingman

Mine broke on the inside end in about a month and on the outside end after 3 years. I drilled three holes on each side of the break and fastened them loosely with nylon wire ties to form hinges. No more problems.