GAWR Placard Tire Pressue vs Tire Sidewall

cd3250

2008 Big Country 3250 TS
Greetings.
Need some clarification as to correct inflation pressure for the Mission tires on our 3250 5ver. The GAWR Placard states the tire pressure as 90 PSI cold while the tire sidewall states "MAX LOAD 3450 LBS at 80 PSI COLD MAX". Which is the correct inflation pressure?

B

bwwalczak

Thank you for your post.

The responses are correct. Sometimes our placarded information is incorrect. The information on the tire is correct.

cd3250

2008 Big Country 3250 TS
Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately this guidance is too late....I've been using the placard the same way you would with a car or truck's placard and have unknowingly ruined a set of tires due to over-inflation. My bad....

Taz Devil

I really don't think you can ruin something that already has a bad rap. Take my word for it: REPLACE THEM, before it's too late.

wdk450

Mine was Under Inflated

Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately this guidance is too late....I've been using the placard the same way you would with a car or truck's placard and have unknowingly ruined a set of tires due to over-inflation. My bad....

I have a BH 3670RL, 16,000 lb GVWR. My tire sticker says "80 PSI" while the tires say "110 PSI". When I took possession of the rig the tires were inflated to 80 PSI. I now have the tires inflated to 110 PSI.

I thought this sticker was to comply with NHTSA regulations, and needed to be accurate.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Just as example. The placard on the Police cars we used said to inflate the tire to 32 psi. The tire sidewall said 44 psi. Big difference. I have actually see Police car tire roll off the rim at 44 psi. Just think what they would do at 32 psi. We always used the sidewall pressure. The placards on the cars and trucks are there for the softest, most comfortable ride. The dealer where I bought my new truck had the tires at 50 psi for a softer ride. When I pumped them to 80 psi where they are supposed to be there was a huge difference in ride, but the truck handled much better.