Cyclone 3812??

Emmitt

My DW and I are looking at the 3812 and would appreciate hearing from others who considered it. Why you did/did not choose it.

trvlrerik

We were torn between several different brands of toyhaulers untill I looked from strictly a builders point of view, (I am a construction worker) and materials and build quality lead us to Heartland. We looked at razors first and then cyclones. We decided on the cyclone because I had to change very little to make it work for us right away. We liked the bedroom layout with a separate door in the 38 series. but in the end it was the living room floor plan in the 3912 (it seemed more open) and my wife likes the ability to separate the kids on opposite sides of the room.
We were still undecided untill we found a 3912 that had all of the items we wanted at a great price. Then it became an impulse buy (after 9 months of research).

Something that did not come into consideration when we first started to search was customer service. After our purchase I have had an unlimited supply of the help and advice from both Heartland Service and this forum. With this help I have saved a lot of time and money. In my research I looked for suppliers of materials in the different trailers, nearly every brand would not tell me who supplied the materials as "propriatery secrets" Hearland gave me the list of phone numbers for their suppliers. That alone told me alot.
We have been Hearland owners for only about a year, and a little under 12k miles traveled, I have not looked back with any regrets in regard to our 5th wheel purchase.

mabyrnes

We had a 3010 for a while and really liked it but found it a bit on the small side in the living area. Don't get me wrong, the 3010 was a really sweet trailer. But then it got trashed and written off and when the insurance company paid up we opted to replace our 3010 with the 3812, which we like even better than the 3010 due, primarily, to the much roomier living area. We also like the fact that the head of the bed was at the front of the trailer, thereby giving us real walking room around the bed. We have the bedroom pushout, which serves as a closet, and make the bedroom even roomier. We also have - and really, really like - the optional dining table with chairs. And the big, double door fridge with ice maker is killer! Additionally, the ramp into the garage is not as steep as it is on the 3010, which may not seem like a big deal but can come in handy if your Vulcan 1500 dies like mine did and you have to push it intro the garage! The 3812 is worth some serious consideration if you are looking to buy a serious toy hauler that has a few "extras" that are awfully nice. Although we were heartbroken when our 3010 rubbed up against that tree, in the end we ended up in what for us was a better place. The 3812 is a wicked trailer!