Slide in or out??

Johnp322

I have a general question on leaving the slide in or out when parking at home between camping trips. I have the 28bhs with the slide in I still have plenty of room to get around inside but I notice many other leave their trailers in their driveways with the slide out. Any ideas which is better or it does not make a difference. I have had a topper installed on the slide so water getting in should not be an issue. Any ideas out there?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I think it's your choice. What ever you decide to do will work fine. The slides remaining out will not have any adverse effects on anything. It would be a good idea to have the unit level with all stabilizers down. With the slides out you will have full access to everything all the time.

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
I have a general question on leaving the slide in or out when parking at home between camping trips. I have the 28bhs with the slide in I still have plenty of room to get around inside but I notice many other leave their trailers in their driveways with the slide out. Any ideas which is better or it does not make a difference. I have had a topper installed on the slide so water getting in should not be an issue. Any ideas out there?
MY inlaws had a brand new SOB and they stored it with the slides out. Well one of the slides leaked and my father inlaw had to removed the entire superslide, and repair every bit of wood and paneling in the slide. So with that being said, I would store the slides in. We built a pole barn for our 5er to prevent that problem. GL

combine_billy

I left my previous rig with the slides out also because I had the slide toppers. That was a big mistake. The slide toppers got torn up.