slideouts

sidney dreyfus

Anyone know why the slideouts cutout when bringing them in or out? After waiting a moment, I am able to press the slideout switch again and they work fine. The problem seems to be happening more often now.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Haven't had that problem...we have an 08' 3600RL, and have experienced no problem with any of the slides. Geez...hope I haven't jinxed myself..:eek:

Hopefully someone will have some information regarding this problem for you soon.

branson4020

Icantre Member
Sid,

The hyydraulic pump motor that operates your slides is protected buy a 50A auto-reset circuit breaker. What you're experiencing is that breaker doing it's job. This is especially likely to happen if your not connected to shore power and your batteries are weak. There is an upgrade available that will solve the problem. See this link.

sidney dreyfus

Sid,

The hyydraulic pump motor that operates your slides is protected buy a 50A auto-reset circuit breaker. What you're experiencing is that breaker doing it's job. This is especially likely to happen if your not connected to shore power and your batteries are weak. There is an upgrade available that will solve the problem. See this link.
Bob,
Thank you for the information on the circuit breaker upgrade. Just curious. My dealer suggested I should have my thermal switch replaced. It doesn't sound like it's the same upgrade you have brought to my attention. Do you have any feelings as to which is the right way to go? Or are they the same fix?

branson4020

Icantre Member
Sid,

"thermal switch" = circuit breaker. Print out the Lippert service bulletin and show it to the dealer. Others have had a second 50A breaker installed in parallel with the existing one, but I think the "official" Lippert solution is better.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
When I recently (July) had ours worked on at Lippert in Goshen the technician told us to put another 50 amp breaker in the circuit. He advised the one 50 amp breaker is not heavy enough. He told me he would put one in but they were out of them at that time. I picked one up at the Auto Parts store around the corner. Haven't had any problems since.

lhetsler

Slide fix

My was doing the same. Found that the slides were drawing 63 amp and of course that would blow a 50 amp fuse. Took the lippert sheet to the dealer and they put in an 80 amp under warranty.

sidney dreyfus

My was doing the same. Found that the slides were drawing 63 amp and of course that would blow a 50 amp fuse. Took the lippert sheet to the dealer and they put in an 80 amp under warranty.
Les,
Where is the 50 amp circuit breaker? Is it the 1 " rocker switch right next to the hydraulic motor? I have a 1" square switch on the hydraulic motor mount that has a rocker switch on it. It has about 6 or 8 wires leading to it. Is this the 50 amp circuit breaker?

Thanks,
Sid

lhetsler

Circuit Breaker

Sidney, look near your slide motor and fluid tank, you should see three wires with nuts on them to power the slide motor. Follow the red one and it will go directly to the circuit breaker which on mine is black. It will say 50 amp on it. My now has an 80 amp in it. Mine is located on the left side of the battery, that is on the left wall of the battery compartment.

sidney dreyfus

slide out circuit breaker

Thank you Bob and everyone else. Heartland is sending me the Lippert 80 amp upgrade at no cost. With all the information from you guys I should be able to swap the old breaker out with the new one in just a few minutes. Just want to thank everyone for your help.