Strongarm T-Bolts..

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Ok. I did it. I forgot to tighten a couple of the T-Bolts on the stabelizers when we took off the other day. Lost one. I know I can go get a bolt and use a wrench to tighten the stabelizers but I wanted to keep the T-Bolts on all the brackets. I happen to find the place to get new ones and talked to Don Panye. Now the T-Bolts are $9.99 each. Not cheap but that is what they charge.

Don Payne
Happijac Company
Product Manager
505 North Kays Drive
Kaysville, UT 84037
dpayne@lci1.com
801.544.2585 O
801.546.2202 F
801.678.1212 C
http://www.jtrv.com/contact.html

Thought this might be of intrest to some of you..

BC

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Boy Bob...they must have been really loose! In the four years we used JT's we never tightened them during travel, and never lost a T-bolt...hope you have better luck with the new ones...:)

2010augusta

An ounce of prevention

I thought about that before I installed mine, I used a drill press and ran a foot of coated safety wire through each.

Attachments

• DSCN4485 (Small).JPG
    DSCN4485 (Small).JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCN4486 (Small).JPG
    DSCN4486 (Small).JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 81

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I didn't think it was that loose but it must have been enough. Someone had mentioned that if they were not tightened down before leaving it would be possible to loose them. Looks like they were right.

Thanks for the Pics Andy. I will be tightening mine down when I leave from now on.

Did you know they have a bar that you can use to tighten and loosen without knealing on the ground. That may be in most cases but I am not sure in some I have been in. T-Handler

BC

boatdoc

I thought about that before I installed mine, I used a drill press and ran a foot of coated safety wire through each.

Hey Alan, Did you get that idea from me or did I get it from you about 1 1/2 years ago. I know I posted a thread about it when I did mine that way. Sure makes loosing a T bolt hard.

2010augusta

Hey Alan, Did you get that idea from me or did I get it from you about 1 1/2 years ago. I know I posted a thread about it when I did mine that way. Sure makes loosing a T bolt hard.

I probably got it from you, I just installed them a few months ago. It took a bit of work to drill through the rod, but it makes sure they don't fall out and I just leave them loose while we travel.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I borrowed the idea from one of you guys, and used a wire fishing leader attached to a key ring. The ring is inserted into a hole drilled in the t-bolt handle and the leader passes around the shaft of the stabilizer.

Boca_Shuffles

Good ideas.

My arms were installed with the t-bars on the up side rather than down. While this creates a minor problem in the rear set with hitting the brackets, it might help keep the pins from falling out.

nscaler2

T-bars up

Ours are installed with the T-bars up also. I always tighten them after retracting the landing gear and preparing to depart. I figure that it is extra insurance that the the portion of the landing gear that is held in place with the spring pins cannot accidentally fall down.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Good ideas.

My arms were installed with the t-bars on the up side rather than down. While this creates a minor problem in the rear set with hitting the brackets, it might help keep the pins from falling out.

I installed all of mine with the bolts on top. No problem hitting anything.

Mariposa

bolts

I take my rear ones out. The "T" will brake off when all the way up. now if I don't loose them in the front bay I will be O.K. and I got on the the fancy rods to turn the "T"'s.
Bob

Boca_Shuffles

I installed all of mine with the bolts on top. No problem hitting anything.

The dealer installed mine. With this close of a clearance on the rear stabilizers, I don't have to worry about losing the pin. ;)

Attachments

• DSC_0015.JPG
    DSC_0015.JPG
    657.1 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC_0016.JPG
    DSC_0016.JPG
    646.8 KB · Views: 33