Sticking Fan-Tastic Vents

jbeletti

I know many people are having issues with their Fan-Tastic Vents sticking. At the 2006 Rally, the Fan-Tastic Vent rep. took names and addresses of those with this complaint.

I just wanted to follow-up by saying that we saw this man on Friday and somehow, on Monday, I received the 2 replacement rubber gaskets that I asked for.

I'll install them this weekend and hope that all will be well but I just wanted to mention the level of customer service that Fan-Tastic Vent delivers. I have always heard that it is unequalled. So far, they are living up to that reputation in my mind.

Jim

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I too was surprised at how fast my replacement seal came. When I came home from work on Monday there they were on the front porch. Fantastic Vents are awesome.

K

Ken Washington

Jim, Mine too sticks at times and I am interested in seeing if your gasket works. Will it be hard to install? Can you share with me how to go about getting one for mine?

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Hi jim
Dido on my fan also, it sticks. If replaceing the gasket works I would like to Know who to contact.

Glenn

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
All you will need to do is contact Fantastic Vent Corp at 800-521-0298.

They explained at the rally that the mfr. of the gasket material used a different release agent in the manufacturing process and this material made the gaskets stick to the dome.

They also said that all parts of the fan are lifetime warranty including the Lexan dome for breakage. Installation should be quite simple. They supply a tube of siliconized adhesive (you will need a calking gun) and the gasket. Looks real easy and probably just a 10 minute job.

We also learned that you can pull your camper with the vent in the open position but it is recommended that it be fully open to provide more rigidity. Wow, I always closed mine to prevent breakage!

Anybody want to upgrade from one model fan to another. Just call the number above. All fans are retrofitable. Great company!

Phil

dieselengineer

Charter Member
The last Fantastic fan I installed came with a pack of 303 protectant to wipe on. I have this on my preventive maintenance schedule and have not had a problem with the fan operation. Works everytime. People who were at the rally, Did the sale rep talk about using 303? I know the maintenance instuctions call for this and it works.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Likewise for me, the gaskets and adhesive were delivered Monday afternoon. I also received a manual (2 pages on operation and a 1-page schematic). There is no mention about 303 protectant in the literature I just received and I forgot to take my notes out before taking the coach to storage, so I can't say for sure about its use.

Took about 5 minutes to remove the old gasket (without ridges) and install the new one (with ridges).

I agree - they are a great company.

K

Ken Washington

Just to let you guys know, I called Fantastic Fan Corp. to let them know that my dome was sticking also and found them to be the nicest people to deal with! He said that my new seal was on the way before he even had my address! HAHA This was not something I was going to drag my trailer in for service and I like doing things myself anyway. Thanks to Jim and others for your help.
Ken

Midastouch

a little off the original subject but I wanted to know if any of you recommend the fantastic fan in the bedroom? If it's going to be a beneficial option, I want to get it when I order my Grand Canyon. Would like input about that ... pros/cons, if any ... I see the fan and the fan company are great ....

jbeletti

Lynne,

My wife would not do without the Fan-Tastic Vent in the bedroom. I suggested we consider adding a LowPro AC but she does not want to lose the fan so I guess we'll not be getting a second AC anytime soon. So long as it's not super-hot out, having the 2 fans going with a couple windows open - it really does a pretty good job.

I was supposed to have the thermostatic/automatic/rain sensor unit in the bedroom but the factory goofed and I got the same unit as in the stool room. Factory had Charger Enterprises swap the fans out as Fan-Tastic's line is all the same size. They fished the ceiling over to the wall then down the wall and put the thermostat/control just below the medicine cabinet (not-suites model so door-side).

Jim

Midastouch

I will have the AC in the bedroom ... where does the Fantastic Fan go in the bedroom when ordered? I'm sure there is something to give up there ...

K

Ken Washington

Midastouch,
If you order the A/C in the bedroom, that is where the Fantastic Fan would have gone. The only other place to put it would be in the tolet closet. It is very smart it order the second A/C and I would make it a heat pump as well as making the main A/C a heat pump also.
Ken

jpmorgan37

Lynne:
You can't get both. It is either the AC or the Fantastic fan. I tried but was told by Heartland that they couldn't fit both. It's either/or. I chose the Low Profile AC/Heat Pump, 13500 BTU. We open the windows in the bedroom slide and turn the Fan-tastic fan on in the kitchen and it's perfect on a cool night like now in the Pennsylvania mountains. We also have a vent fan in the toilet room, but depend on the one in the kitchen.

John

Midastouch

Thanks for the info ... I didn't know it was either/or .... I opted first for the A/C w/heat pump and so that is what it will be! I'm in the humid south! I need all the AC I can get! I wanted to be sure I didn't overlook an opportunity to get an option ... after it was too late.

BigBlue

BigBlue
Another reason to have the Fan-Tastic Vent in the bedroom is to exhaust the moisture in the air from showering. Moisture is one of the worst things to keep inside of the trailer. We run the fan during our showers every day. When it's raining we also run it and the moisture sensor regulates how it runs.

jpmorgan37

That's a good point about the moisture from the shower Big Blue. If you opt for the AC in the bedroom, the vent fan in the toilet room will do a pretty fair job of that and there is a good amount of space above the toilet room door to allow the shower moisture to be pulled out if the sliding door into the living area is closed.

John

Midastouch

I had thought at one time that I read where instead of the skylight over the shower, a fan could be installed there...may have been a different manufacturer ... the discussion came up about tall folks having a problem with head room and the need for that xtra room on the ceiling with the skylight. There is a skylight over the shower in the Landmarks, right?

timk

You could install the fantastic fan in the toilet room, where the crank up vent is. Should work 92.5% as well.

Midastouch

:D 92.5% as well as it being installed where the A/C will be in the bedroom or 92.5% as well as the one that is already in the toilet room? :D