Silly Question.

Rigmover06

I have a silly question,

If I was to make a few more modifications to the underside of my 3950, Would it be technically possible to add a 6 Bag air ride system to my suspension? Kinda like the air ride we use on our big trailers.

Been wondering about that.

Dan

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Sure you could as it is only a matter of money. The more money the fancier you can get.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Dan I moved your post from the "ask the factory" section because they wouldn't normally respond to a question regarding modifications. Generally, what you do to your trailer in the way of mods is pretty much on you... I know Lippert frowns on any modification to their frames as well. I did find this for you in a thread from a few weeks ago. I think this is what you're talkin about??? http://www.trailerparts4u.com/product/22-875-P-d

Rigmover06

Yes,exactly something along those lines. Some of the places I want to go riding,well the trails are exactly smooth and level and paved. So I was thinking about air ride or air leaf just to make sure I didn't bend or break anything.

Thanks
Dan

porthole

Retired
Don't see why not.

When I had the Mor/Ryde IS added I followed along a bit to see what they do.

About the first thing they do after weighing the trailer and making all the calcs necessary - they fire up the hot wrench.

20 minutes later the bottom of the trailer frame is smooth from one end to the other.

Then they weld on their "stuff"

When looking at it now, if you didn't know it was added on you would swear it was built that way.