Push Rods

K

Ken Washington

Hi Scott,
Would you please tell me if this is the way the push rod nuts are suppose to be. It seems to me that the locking nuts should be locking the third out side nut.

Attachments

• IMG_0711.JPG
    IMG_0711.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0712.JPG
    IMG_0712.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 36

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

I hope you don't mind me cutting in here. Do not tighten the three nuts togethrer. This setup allows for the arm travel difference while going in and out. My selling dealer tightened mine up and made a big mess of things. As long as the slide outs seat while all the way retracted and extended you are good.

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
If I may also interject...you will notice you have tow different types of nuts here. The single nut is a nylon threaded lock nut. It does not require assistance in "staying put." The nylon provides resistance and will not vibrate or move. The other two are standard nuts and in this application are known as lock nuts. One nut is tightened against the other creating pressure on the threads and locking both nuts into position. If you look at the total application, the nylon lock is being used to pull on the bracket which closes the slide. The jam nuts push on the braket to open the slide. The gap in between allows for adjustment if necessary.

Phil

K

Ken Washington

Thanks for your reply. I wasn't sure so I went to the best place to ask. Makes sense to me now. I am sure Scott will say the same thing. See Jim, I did learn how to attach a picture to a thread!
Ken

jbeletti

Hi Ken, Yep - I learned ya good alright :D

Glenn and Phil, thanks for helping Ken out on those slide nuts. Hey Phil, you really were awake when Bud gave his rally presentation! Just kidding ;) I really liked Bud's talk. Kept it at a level we could all understand.

Jim