Westward Ho!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I'm happy :D to announce, Lin & I have accepted an offer to work camp in Indio, CA. We'll be at Shadow Hills RV Resort. They would like us there ASAP but with my Mom still in rehab :( therapy from her hip surgery we've agreed to be there by mid October. If all goes as intended, we'll still be attending the IL rally October 1st. To all of our Winter Texan friends, we'll miss ya'll :( but not the humidity.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Ray and Lin we'll miss you in Houston. Have fun in the People's Republic of California.

cjbearden

Visitor
Yippee!!! J.D. and I are so excited to have you guys as semi-neighbors. We will be in Hemet at Golden Village Palms. Well, Bob and Patty, you got your wish that Ray and Lin would make it out to CA. Now we can all have a great time getting together this winter. We plan to arrive in Hemet on Sept 21. Bob, you have to bring the Horn over so we can see all your mods and I can add a few notes to J.D.'s 'honey do' list!! Carolyn

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Glad to hear your mom is doing good. We are also glad you are still coming to the rally in Oct. See you there Kathy:)

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Carolyn, Boy thats great news. As you remember Pat and I did go there to camp just check it out. Just so you know, WE AIN'T GOING BACK IN JULY AGAIN. 107* and HUMID. While we were there, they did say that they could always find a place for us to come over and camp for a weekend. As for Ray and Lin. Maybe Pat and I could get a spot there for a weekend and meet them. BTW, I bet Lin is a sweetheart, but how about Ray. Is he as cranky as I am...LOL:D:D Bob:cool:

cjbearden

Visitor
Bob,

Ray is a teddy bear. Ray and Lin are both sweethearts in our book. We so much enjoyed our winter in Texas this past winter. They were in Corpus Christi and we were in Aransas Pass. Getting together often to eat (what else do RVers do?) just made our stay so much more enjoyable.

Looking forward to meeting you and Patty. I am thinking Patty is a sweetheart to put up with your cranky *#@*# LOL. You and my husband will get along great!:eek::rolleyes:

Bob&Patty

Carolyn, yes you are right on both points. Patty is a sweetheart. J.D. and I can sit around a fuss about things together. After you guys and Ray and Lin get settled in, we should try to all get together for a lunch or dinner. Bob:D

cjbearden

Visitor
10-4 on the lunch or dinner, Bob. Where are you and Patty located?

I have been hearing about Mia's Restaurant in Hemet (supposed to be home cooking and reviews give it 5 stars). After we visit, I will have to give a report. CJ

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Oh Oh! I can tell already. I'm not going to be losing any weight in California.;) You guys are already checking out restaurant reviews.:D

Bob&Patty

Carolyn, we are about a 30 minute drive from Hemet. We live in Murrieta. From our house we take Winchester Rd. north. Yes Ray we do eat alot in California. Mia's, not sure about that one, will ask my son, he lives in Hemet. Mimi's, yes we have eaten there several times. There is also a good mexican restaurant there. Looking forward to this. Bob:D

Last edited:

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Hey Ray,

Instead of "work Camping", sounds like it should be called - EAT CAMPING! Go ahead and loosen that belt a notch! :)