Need help! Ipod won't play

lakings10

Hello everyone, just purchased a 08 3912 Cyclone and loving it so far. I cant get my ipod to play inside. It plays outside no problem. I plug it into the usb port on the Clarion Deck and go to the usb mode and I get no sound. Any advise what I am doing wrong? TV and dvd sound to the speakers is fine. Thanks!

Rigmover06

Hello everyone, just purchased a 08 3912 Cyclone and loving it so far. I cant get my ipod to play inside. It plays outside no problem. I plug it into the usb port on the Clarion Deck and go to the usb mode and I get no sound. Any advise what I am doing wrong? TV and dvd sound to the speakers is fine. Thanks!

My Clarion does the same thing. What it turned out to be was the processor in the Head unit couldn't process the extra MB's of info. I had to drop my song list down to a little less than a gig of information on my Ipod.
But yet my Pioneer stereo plays the whole thing.With no problem.
Clarion Customer service is who clued me in.

lakings10

My Clarion does the same thing. What it turned out to be was the processor in the Head unit couldn't process the extra MB's of info. I had to drop my song list down to a little less than a gig of information on my Ipod.
But yet my Pioneer stereo plays the whole thing.With no problem.
Clarion Customer service is who clued me in.

Well that sucks! Really don't want to remove songs from my ipod. Is there any other option? Thanks for your reply.

Eugene

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Does your Clarion player have the connector for auxillary connections? ie: like ones in a car using a cable with Small pin on both ends?
I haven't tried my iphone as an ipod in the HL yet, but have used the small pin cable with my other ipod with no issues? Of course it won't charge it while playing, but I can usually get at least 12 hours out of my ipod shuffle.

lakings10

Does your Clarion player have the connector for auxillary connections? ie: like ones in a car using a cable with Small pin on both ends?
I haven't tried my iphone as an ipod in the HL yet, but have used the small pin cable with my other ipod with no issues? Of course it won't charge it while playing, but I can usually get at least 12 hours out of my ipod shuffle.

No I only have a usb connection on the clarion deck. My outside deck has the small pin auxiliary connection and works fine.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
If the clarion has right and left or red and white empty inputs in the back you can get a cable to connect from your headphone output on your iPod. That is how I connect mine to our samsung unit

Rigmover06

FM Transmitter

I just bought a 30.00 FM transmitter unit for my Ipod.
Plugs into the headphone jack and plays through a vacant FM station.
Just another option.
Dan