Let's talk about the "stinky slinky"

2010augusta

Although our sewer hose is not showing any sings of old age yet, I was wondering about it. I have a bright red hose with black swivel ends, cannot remember the brand, but it is pretty nice.

How offen do other full-timers replace theirs? I want to replace BEFORE we have an issue.

Does anyone use the Rhino-Flex system? I read some pretty bad reviews about it last year, but now I am finding some very positive stuff. What are other quality hoses? I am having problems with the current hose "escaping" the sidewinder support system, so a more ridged hose would be good.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I use the Rhino flex for my primary hose. No problems with it, as a matter of fact I like how stiff it is. It helps keeping it on the support system.

In the past I would replace the hose every year but I think this hose might last much longer than that.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We use the Rhinoflex, and just recently added the swivel connections that are now available...really makes a big difference when hooking up the sewer...no more acrobatics!!:) Rhinoflex is a quality hose and holds up quite well...very happy with it.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I can't help you much on the slinky hoses; I can share with you what I utilize. :)

I do carry some slinky hoses in a storage box, but most of the time I use 3" PVC. It also helps that I have a garage to haul this in. I bought rubber fittings at Home Depot. I attach a 4" - 3" reducer to the dump fitting on the RV and use couplings and a 'Y' for the rest. Depending whether the CG dump is near the front or rear of the Cyclone, I can install the 'Y' on either of my dumps. The first time I installed PVC, I bought PVC elbows, otherwise I would have rubber elbows as well. After rinsing out when breaking camp, I have rubber caps to put on the ends of the pipe, so nothing leaks in the garage floor. I am contemplating attaching some 5" PVC across the tops of my axles to carry the long lengths of 3" there. Also, depending on the exact distance I am from the CG dumps, I sometimes have to trim one of the pipes - or make a run to Home Depot and purchase another stick of pipe!

Attachments

• 2009-06 Sewer Line.jpg
    2009-06 Sewer Line.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 77
  • HT 003.JPG
    HT 003.JPG
    500.7 KB · Views: 79
  • HT 004.JPG
    HT 004.JPG
    510.6 KB · Views: 74
  • HT 005.JPG
    HT 005.JPG
    507.1 KB · Views: 67
  • HT 006.JPG
    HT 006.JPG
    556.8 KB · Views: 68
  • HT 008.JPG
    HT 008.JPG
    488.6 KB · Views: 67
  • HT 009.JPG
    HT 009.JPG
    512.5 KB · Views: 65

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
WOW HT - I'm impressed with the sewer system but more impressed with the skirting around the rig. Where did you find it or did you make it? I have seen the hide a room for under the goose but not the whole rig. It might be something that I might have hubbie invest in.
B--

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I got it from RVSkirting.com - great folks. They now have a truck where they come to you and make and install it the same day. Their website is showing no travel charges this summer. It works great in the winter - keeps the wind from blowing under the Cyclone! I was in 30 below temps and 40+ mph winds in Wyoming last winter. (See these forum links for winter mods: here and here) I've been in Nebraska for a couple of months and haven't installed it here yet. :)

I aattached a recent article about their skirting service. ;)

Attachments

• 2009-06 RV Skirting Article.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 25

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
Macerator

A macerator pump and two garden hoses and why mess with the "stinky-Slinky?"

I am done in no more the time (Or less) and with the built-in backflush plus a garden hose it is always "Clean" as compared to the interlocked wires of the normal 3" stinky-slinky hose. (Everything always gets hung-up in that!)

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
A macerator pump and two garden hoses and why mess with the "stinky-Slinky?"

I am done in no more the time (Or less) and with the built-in backflush plus a garden hose it is always "Clean" as compared to the interlocked wires of the normal 3" stinky-slinky hose. (Everything always gets hung-up in that!)
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! We call it the stinky slinky too. HAHAHAHAHA:eek::eek::eek: