Towing Grand Canyon with Dodge Diesel 3500 short bed

Zac

Is anyone pulling their Grand Canyon with a similar rig? Ours is a Dodge Ram Diesel built for towing (correct axle etc), 4x4, crew cab short bed. If you are, are you satisfied with it? Did you add an exhaust brake? Change the springs or do or recommend anything else to do after market? Any help would be appreciated.None

kuldaddy

Not pulling a GC but a Cyclone. 4x4, MegaCab, short box, 3.73 rear end, auto trans.... Pulls great! No exhaust brake, I have pulled on some pretty good hills, no problems stopping. I have an Edge Attitude with Juice, mostly for the monitoring capability also added 1+ MPG while towing. I also have Firestone air bags, but it doesn't take much to level it out and it smooths out the bumps. I also added Mor-Ryde pin box to take the clunks of start/stop out of the ride. I have a slider hitch, but with Heartland's extended pin box and shaped front cap I have never used it and have been at or close to 90 degrees.

davebennington

Zac,

We have a Dodge Ram Diesel 3500 2 wheel drive long bed and pull a Golden Gate. No problems so far the truck has and exhaust brake that helps out alot on hills. The only thing my wife complains about is the rough ride on concrete roads. I keep telling her "IT'S A TRUCK". This rig is also set up for pulling diesel, atuo tranny, exhaust brake and 4:10 rear.

Dave:)