Hot Water Heater Bypass

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Rrloren, I hope you don't mind but I moved your post out of the ask the factory section. I'm betting you'll get the answer you need from an owner before the factory even gets to read your post on Monday. Welcome to the Heartland Forum & Family. You're gonna like it here.

2010augusta

First, if you can locate the heater on the out side of the trailer, and it is next to the basement storage doors, then you will need to remove an access panel and the valve should be there. If the heater is not close to an outside access door, then you might have an access panel inside the trailer.

Second, Ray, you moved a Sundance issue to the Razor area.:p

Rrloren

Thanks guys , I found it behind the panel in the basement , but wow , you need to be awfully flexible to reach it ! I doubt I'll be using that valve. I will winterize by draining the HW tank then blowing out the system with compressed air , shouldn't have to deal with that valve.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Thanks guys , I found it behind the panel in the basement , but wow , you need to be awfully flexible to reach it ! I doubt I'll be using that valve. I will winterize by draining the HW tank then blowing out the system with compressed air , shouldn't have to deal with that valve.

Richard,

You should also be able to get to it much easier from inside the trailer. If you look under the cabinet doors beneath the TV Stand (to the left of the steps into the bedroom), you should find a panel held in place by a couple of small screws. Take that panel off and the bypass valves are right there.

Gus

tmcran

What Gus said. I got tired of taking the screws in and out so I just velcroed the front panel on and now I just peel the panel off and press it back on.

D

Dave Willis

There is an access panel inside the pass through storage compartment that is about 2 foot by 2 foot. That is where you will find the water pump and the bypass valve.

Thanks,