Air Conditioning Issue???

Johnp322

I have a general question pertaining to the A/C unit on my 28BHS. The A/C compressor would cut in and out which I had the dealer repair. They say it was a bad t-stat and replaced it. Brought it home plugged the trailer to shore power and the compressor works great, the issue. Before the fan was forcing the air thorugh the ducts in the ceiling and distributed througtout the trailer, now all air flow is coming out thorugh the air return on the A/C unit itself. It is almost like the Fan is running backwards. Any one had this issue before and or there any fixes I can do then to go back to the dealer.
Thanks

John

rjr6150

John I'm guessing the quick cool down vent is open on the unit. If look at the unit from the inside there should be an adjustable grill to either open or close in your case I'm guessing the dealer left it open for some reason. With this open very little air will be distributed to the ceiling outlets.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
John I'm guessing the quick cool down vent is open on the unit. If look at the unit from the inside there should be an adjustable grill to either open or close in your case I'm guessing the dealer left it open for some reason. With this open very little air will be distributed to the ceiling outlets.

Just read your post and noticed mine was open, too. But it's 92 outside and 75 inside at the desk. Closed the vent and could feel more air being pushed out the bedroom vents. Summer has finally arrived in northern Michigan.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Yes to what John and Randy said. There are 2 little flat handles on the grill. Slide them to close the quick cool down. You should get air flow from the ceiling. Didnt know mine had that either for a over a year. When all else fails, read the instructions. Bob:D

SilverRhino

Educated - Once Again

Yes to what John and Randy said. There are 2 little flat handles on the grill. Slide them to close the quick cool down. You should get air flow from the ceiling. Didnt know mine had that either for a over a year. When all else fails, read the instructions. Bob:D

Not in the trailer now......but.....will go and check tomorrow if our BC unit functions the same way! Have to admit.....did not read the manual...will bring that home to look everything over more carefully.

Every time I log on to the HLOF I learn something.....either what to do....what not to do....or....what to look for!:)