Toilet Seal

Rrloren

The toilet in my 2010 Sundance 2900mk doesn't hold water. I tried cleaning the seal and lubing the ball but it did not solve the problem. I read somewhere here that there is an adjustment that can be made but I'm not familiar with it. I tried moving the toilet to better center the seal but the bolts that hold down the toilet don't seem to affect it. The seal seems to be about 1/8th inch wider at the front vs the rear. Could that be the problem?
The toilet hasn't been used yet.

Rrloren

Thanks, great post. I'm sure I can do that, but may just let the Dealer fix it first. I thought there was some simple adjustment that would save me a 35 mile trip to Dealer.

geeksrus

The manual that I got for the toilet suggests a number of adjustments to do to correct this problem.
If you don't have the maunal you can probably get it online.

Eh!

Rrloren

I called Dometic and was told they test these by turning them upsidedown . Told to push the pedal down and press the seal down. So far it's working but it's only been 15 mins. or so. We'll see how it holds over the next couple hours and a few flushes.

Forrest Fetherolf

These photos were posted earlier by Smokey.........

I had the same problem with the toilet valve not holding water. I rotated the inner black seal 90 deq to have a new wear surface between the flush valve and inner seal. Make sure the top of the flush valve and inner seal are clean and free of any debris. I have used silicone spray, WD-40, and Pledge furniture polish as a lubricant to clean the flush valve and keep the inner seal soft and flexible. They all worked, when in storage I apply one of the above, cycle the valve several times w/o water, then add a little more lubricant and some water and let stand. The flush valve has worked without a problem for over two and one half years using this method. Sealand sent me a free replacement when I had the first problem, it is still in the package unused.........waiting.

Forrest

Attached Thumbnails
//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=4809&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1250353882 //heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=4810&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1250353928 //heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=4811&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1250354130 //heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=4812&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1250354181 //heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=4813&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1250354223 //heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=4814&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1250354265 //heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=4815&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1250354303 //heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=4816&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1250354345 //heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=4817&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1250354383 //heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=4818&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1250354431

//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=4819&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1250354479 //heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=4820&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1250354515

Rrloren

Looks like my problem is solved. Been over 5 hours and water level has stayed up. Flushed and seems to be OK.

charris57

We had the same problem in our 2900MK. The toilet was actually plumbed incorrectly and was actually hitting the back wall of the bathroom when in use, Took it to the dealer and they had to reinstall the drain pipe about a inch foward and reinstall the toilet. Also keep a spare seal and also get a apare floor gasket and keep it handy. All is fine now.....Good Luck