New Jensen Audio/Video System Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMDAT

We just took delivery of a new 2010 ElkRidge, this 5vr came with the Jensen AWM970 Control Unit and JE3208 32" LCD TV.

I am a pretty serious audio/video nut, coming from a 10' home theater setup to fulltime in the ElkRidge. Quite a change, but willing to live with it :) for all the awesome lifestyle of traveling.

Question is this: seems that the LCD tv has really bad speaker output, one side crackles and overall both do not have clear enough volume to hear in the living area. Also, the picture although bright and beautiful handles blacks and darker colors horribly (everything blows out and becomes just pixel/noise patterns). This is especially true when playing a DVD.

We connected an HDMI dvd player directly to the tv which improved the overall picture quality a lot, but still had the problemes with the dark color/black areas.

Is this standard for the Jensen systems?

I do understand these new Jensen units are a huge upgrade to what used to be in most RV's, just curious if I might have a bad TV?

Thanks!

jgallego

I have a Jensen LCD in my Big Country 3355 and get a good picture using hdmi from my hd dishnetwork receiver. I have not noticed any colors blowing out. LCD speakers do a fairly good job.

Jaime

JENSENRVdirect

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers and the Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

I would recommend that you contact your dealer for warranty assistance so we may get this corrected for you. I would also recommend connecting the AUDIO OUT on the rear of the TV to the AUX IN on the rear of the AWM970. This will allow you to listen to the TV's audio through the AWM970 stereo system for enhanced audio quality.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

SMDAT

Thanks JensenRv

Wondered how we would get the tv audio through the main speakers :) Pretty much a sealed in unit, so did'nt want to try to "pry" things apart yet.

I will contact the dealer for the video issues.

Thanks!
Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.