Check your Euro Chairs

ChopperBill

Going through the PDI you have a zillion things to look at so I thought I would give you a tip. Check those Euro Chairs! Our looked good, sat in 'em and did about all you can to a chair. Got home a the next day took a good look. (door side slide was in because of clearance and one chair was side ways in the corner so it wasn't obvious at first.) The stitching was completely different. Enclose a photo so some don't think we are being too picky. An honest mistake. A warehouse full of chairs all wrapped in plastic. Dealer is suppose to get one to match one or the other.
154309438.jpg

jbeletti

Good catch Bill and great tip for others.

I went for almost a year with one of the decorative corner posts on my kitchen island being mounted upside down from the other corner. Hard to notice really as they are lathe turned at both ends, then notched out for corner mounting. But a friend, sitting in a chair asked me if I knew it. Had no idea. Had it flipped by LSI doing warranty punch list items last fall.

As a tip to others who have yet to take retail delivery of their trailer, any brand really - take an RV'ing friend. Jeff Torsrud (forum co-founder) went with me on mine in April 2005 and while I was all euphoric about getting my trailer, he was more diligent/business-like in going through a PDI list in his head. He caught some things that the dealer ended up taking care of that I would have missed.

Jim

Deb

Deb
Bill - I just checked our euro chairs and they have the same stitching. Since they are sisters (or should I say twins) - it would have been easy to get the chairs mixed up.

Deb

Last edited:

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

To Choperbill
Just thought it would set your mind at ease. I have a Grand Canyon, still like to read about the bighorns, because I am thinking about down sizing. Anyway I did not like the recliners that came with the GC and ordered two euor recliners from a local furniture company. When they arrived, one was like yours. The factory had slipped up and did not put all the stiching in the back of the chair. Well after another four weeks wait the chair was replaced and we now have a nice set of twins.