New Owner Here

LookN4Ward

My wife and I are buying a 2010 NC 29RKS. We ordered it this spring for delivery this fall. I didn't have a tow vehicle when we ordered and I bought a used 2006 Silverado Ext Cab 2500HD. We are going to spend winters in the RGV of Texas and are planning on leaving it on our RV lot in McAllen. I bought the truck in case I needed to take the trailer in for service and to have the utility a pickup provides. There is a lot of information when it comes to towing that isn't found on the Heartland Website. This owners forum has been helpful to get answers.

There is some used towing equipment around and I prefer to buy used when it will do the job. The problem is avoiding buying the wrong used equipment.

The tongue weight of the NC29RKS is 748 Lbs according to the Heartland specs. That is just a fraction over 10% of the trailer weight. I imagine it is because the kitchen is in the rear and the other weight is toward the front. When I put my 235 lbs on the bumper step of the truck it doesn't move. I'm hopeful it won't take much to distribute the weight properly.

Last edited by a moderator: