19" Jensen 12v vs. 110v

I just purchased a North Country 27BHS. The TV is connected to the 12v plug in the trailer. I was going to try to replace the plug with the 110v, but getting to the back is very difficult. I have two questions.

1. How can I get to the connections on the back of the TV to change the power plug (Additionally, I want to install an HDMI cable and can't get to those plugs either).
2. It seems like if I leave the TV connected to 12v, then it will work off of the battery when I'm not connected to electric, and will run off of the charger (via 110v) when I am connected to electric. Is there an issue with just leaving it on 12v (Aside from the possibillity of accidentally leaving it turned on and draining the battery)?

Thanks!
Mike Carlson

JENSENRVdirect

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers and the Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

The specific mounting bracket used in your North Country could be one of several and it is difficult to answer with certainty how best to dismount the television from the bracket. Heartland service could assist further with this matter.

The battery draw and availability of HDMI connection will depend on the model of Jensen television you have installed. Having said that, the television you have is likely a model JE1908. This model does not have an HDMI connection installed in the television. In addition, while connected to 12vdc, this television has an 80mA draw when power is applied and the television is powered off. This means that over the course of approximately 2-3 weeks in this powered off state and still connected to 12vdc power, it would draw down the battery. One alternative to using AC power to avoid this is to install a battery disconnect switch to cut power to the television between uses.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.