Considering purchase of 27 BHS LS

SteveM

Hi All,

We are considering the purchase of a North Country 27 BHS.

Looking for peoples experience with this model. Owners of other models can chime in too!

Wondering about any problems you might have had or other comments/opinions.

We really like it and it seems like a quality product. A few features that stick out are the full size queen and the 7 foot cielings.

Also wondering what you tow it with. It seems like it is a bit heaver than others in its class, but I attribute that to its quality.

Thanks!

Steve

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Steve,
As you read through this posts here bear in mind that of the negative posts your read there are many many many more folks having positive experiences that do not post. Also remember Heartland is a relatively new company that does listen to their customers and address issues they may have. I say that you cannot go wrong with any of the products that Heartland produces. Rest assured if you have any issues with your purchase Heartland will stand behind it and make every effort to make you a Happy Camper.

Hey Steve. I wish I could say that I was the owner of a 27BHS LS package, but I'm not. BECAUSE I AM GOING TO PICK IT UP TOMORROW!!!!

The things that stand out about the North Country that made me choose it over other models are 1) Heartland's attention to detail 2) Heartland's amazing customer service (Read through the forums and you'll see what I mean), 3) The 7' ceilings, and 4) the bath tub (For my 2yr old daughter).

My daughter and I will be making our "maiden voyage" trip this Saturday, so I will do my best to post either Sunday or Monday about the trip and how things went.

Last edited:

SteveM

Hey Steve. I wish I could say that I was the owner of a 27BHS LS package, but I'm not. BECAUSE I AM GOING TO PICK IT UP TODAY!!!!

The things that stand out about the North Country that made me choose it over other models are 1) Heartland's attention to detail 2) Heartland's amazing customer service (Read through the forums and you'll see what I mean), 3) The 7' ceilings, and 4) the bath tub (For my 2yr old daughter).

My daughter and I will be making our "maiden voyage" trip this Saturday, so I will do my best to post either Sunday or Monday about the trip and how things went.

Congrats! I'll be looking forward to your review!

Can you also let me know what you are towing it with and how it does?

Thanks!

Steve

I'm towing it with a 2004 Chevy Silverado 1/2ton extended cab with a 5.3liter. I can pull 7500lbs, and the trailer is supposed to way about 6900lbs (I think that includes the LS package), so I'm somewhat close to my top end. I will definately let you know how it does and give you a good review.

Hi All,

We are considering the purchase of a North Country 27 BHS.

Looking for peoples experience with this model. Owners of other models can chime in too!

Wondering about any problems you might have had or other comments/opinions.

We really like it and it seems like a quality product. A few features that stick out are the full size queen and the 7 foot cielings.

Also wondering what you tow it with. It seems like it is a bit heaver than others in its class, but I attribute that to its quality.

Thanks!

Steve

Steve,
We picked up our 27BHS LS last Tuesday (8/18) and our first outing was this past Saturday (8/22). We LOVED it. We had two issues, 1 is that the brakes didn't work (Which is why we didn't pick it up the week before, this was fixed at the server), and the other is that the electric water heater didn't work (Works GREAT on propane). I haven't called the dealership to figure out why the water heater didn't work, but it's probably not too big of a deal.

Other than those two things, everything has been great. This is definately not "ROUGHING" it by ANY means. My dad has a real nice Keystone 31' and his AC runs all day long and he still won't drop below about 80 degrees or so (It's real hot in hill country Texas). I set mine to 70 degrees on Saturday (high 90s) and it got there quickly and stayed there. We did upgrade the ac to 15,000btu because of the Texas heat.

I have a 2004 Chevy 1/2ton and used a Husky w/d hitch/sway bar. I've pulled trailers before but this one pulled REALLY well. I also used a "brake force" brake controller that was HORRIBLE, so I'm going to replace that with a Tekonsha P3 (or Prodigy) controller. If you can get a good brake controller that is porportional (changes the amount of brakes on the trailer by how hard you hit the brakes in the truck). The Brake Force is not porportional, which is fine if you're coming to a stop, but not if you're just slowing down a little.

All in all though I really enjoyed taking the North Country out. I'll be taking it out again Labor day weekend.

PS,. the North Country (And others too I'm sure) has a great alarm built into the stereo system. You can set the time and it turns the stereo on at the predesignated time. My 2yr old daughter was playing with the buttons and inadvertently "turnd on" the alarm, and also set it for 3:00AM. Oh wait, it gets better, she also turned the volume to FULL BLAST! Oh wait, I'm STLL not done! She also selected the "A+B" speakers so that it blasted not only inside, but outside too!! I'm sure we woke a few people up! :(

jbeletti

...PS,. the North Country (And others too I'm sure) has a great alarm built into the stereo system. You can set the time and it turns the stereo on at the predesignated time. My 2yr old daughter was playing with the buttons and inadvertently "turnd on" the alarm, and also set it for 3:00AM. Oh wait, it gets better, she also turned the volume to FULL BLAST! Oh wait, I'm STLL not done! She also selected the "A+B" speakers so that it blasted not only inside, but outside too!! I'm sure we woke a few people up! :(

Oh man! Too much fun :D

SteveM

Thanks for the reply Mike, sounds like you had a good time.

We have an RV show in a few weeks, so I'm going to see what else is out there. This one still is first on my list thought.

I will need to get a new tow vehicle, still researching that.

Thanks again,
Steve

nrps

2010 Heartland North Country 26 SRL

Picked it a few months ago. Very nice TT and just the right amount of room for the wife and I, and loving the rear lounge area.

TV: 2001 Dodge 3500 1 ton Dually Diesel with w/d hitch, sway bar.

3951818060_29f419e4da_b.jpg

3929032794_7c2db2e882_o.jpg

Last edited:

SteveM

How do you like the power awning? I've read both pros and cons about having one. For some, not being able to lower one end when it rains is a problem. I would think it would be.

Steve

nrps

How do you like the power awning? I've read both pros and cons about having one. For some, not being able to lower one end when it rains is a problem. I would think it would be.

Steve

Steve,

I like the power awning just fine and so far it works great. I don't think rain will be a problem, but high winds could be.

Jeff