Plasma and next-generation TV sets

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks,
I've been browsing LCD TV's and there are unlimited brands and prices and plenty will fit without issue. Now to look for the best bang for the buck.

ChopperBill

It my not be big enough for some but I just bought a Sylvania 15" LCD from Circuit City for $199 on line. Have never seen them that low. Its a brand new model and wasnt even on display when I picked it up 20 minutes after placing my order. Sears wanted $280 for the same unit. Has a great picture.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I heard something on the radio a couple of weeks ago that the brand new big screen plasma TV that we all now have in the living room will be put in the back bedroom for the kids and grandkids to play video games on in just a couple of years, because the technology is changing so fast and the prices falling so much!

K

Ken Washington

jayc,
I don't think you will see plasma in fifth wheels due to shaking and ruff ride. I'm guessing you are talking about RV and not home use.

phranc

Ray ,, are you replacing the LR or the BR unit ?? are you thinking about an extension arm.. Saw a medium duty arm at Curcuit City the other day. But , Holy Cow , it was 149 bucks

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We'll be replacing the LR tv with a 32" LCD and the BR with whatever LCD fits best. I won't be using any extendable arms. I'm fairly handy with wood and will be able to make whatever will work best and keep everything in it's place.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Ken Washington,
Mobile Suite has a model that comes standard with a 42" plasma that allegedly has been modified to withstand high altitudes and the rough ride of an RV. I guess time will tell whether they will work long term.

K

Ken Washington

Jay, Thanks for the info. I knew they were putting them in motor homes but this is the first I heard of in a fifth wheel.