Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink - Pitted

chasdvorak

I have a 2009 BH 3580 with a stainless steel sink in the kitchen. I noticed that the sink has some discoloration and small traces of rust. Any similar experiences? Any ideas on fixing this or is a replacement required. I did not want to try an SOS pad or other cleaners without checking here first.

Thanks,

Chuck Dvorak

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Pick up some SS wipes at any grocery store. The wipes have oil that help restore the SS surface. That might help prolong the sink life a little.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I've never been a fan of Stainless sinks for that very reason. Not all SS sinks are alike. Like Aluminum, there are different grades of stainless and some may show signs of rust. I've used Scotchbrite, steel wool and even 400 grit wet or dry to renew th finish.

SmokeyBare

A product called "Bar Keepers Helper" is pretty good at cleaning with out being too abrasive like the other powdered cleaners can be. While I was in High School... wayyyyy wayyyyyyy back then.... I worked on the "Clean Up Crew" for a local restaurant in town. We always used an oil product on the Stainless Steel counters and surfaces. If my dusty memory allows me...

It was Called "Sheila Shine" > http://www.sheilashineinc.com/

I'm sure there are plenty of products similar though.

Ray said it well... there are many grades of Stainless Steel.

Good Luck !