Satellite dish hookup

ct0218

I'm going to hookup my satellite receiver to a free-standing antenna dish. Not sure at this point exactly how many different ways Heartland may have wired the Mt. Rushmores. Mine is only a couple of months old now, and I do intend to also use the park cable. Anyone have any shortcuts so I don't have to try and figure this out with this 96-98 degree heat? Guess it would be best to verify operation by running directly to the receiver through the door, then disconnecting and reconnecting properly through the outside coax jack. Thanks,

busted2341

..best way to do it....thru the door first..after several frustrating hours of trying through the SAT hookup Heartland put in, I finall ttok it to the dealer who promtly told me this is regular and that heartland hooks it up wrong, two hours later I was working just fine....good luck...

ChopperBill

I have to wonder. If the dealer knew that Heartland hooks them up wrong, why in the heck do the send them out that way?

timk

ChopperBill,
I dont think its that they hook them up wrong. Its more that they dont finish the install. They dont put in the sat reciever, or the roof dish, or in our rig the bedroom tv.
Personally I couldnt figure out what they were thinking, but the wires were all there. (well almost)
It seems that there is no real standard method for hooking up. Where you put your reciever and how you want to watch what.
TimK :eek: