Over air antenna and satellite

jgoddardg

I'm using Directv satellite in the LR, but want to continue using over air antenna on roof for bedroom to receive local channels. With satellite hooked up to LR satellite connection, I can't receive any over the air broadcasts from roof mounted antenna in BR.

Would also like a solution to allow watching the Directv in BR even if it is the same channel being viewed in LR. Is there any option in internal cable wiring to allow watching tv in BR using satellite receiver in the LR?

Any ideas would certainly be appreciated.

Fordsd250

Well, that is a surprise. I can have both hooked up for LR and not effect the BR. What kind of TV do you have?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
jgoddardg, we also use DirecTV. We also have over the air local broadcast. I did some rewiring to suit my needs. Kind of difficult to explain here, but in a nut shell you will have to determing what you want where and then do a little wiring. Do some looking around under your coach in the belly by your entertainment slide and also behind the bulkhead in the basement. Trace a few wires and you should be able to figure it out. Splice some coax with barrel connectors Use your meter for continuity to check which wire goes where. Oh, and do you have the signal amplifier on in the BR?
Good luck

Peace
Dave

Jim/rsvl/AR

I am using Directv in the LR and using the over air antenna (local stations) with booster on in the BR with original wiring at the sametime.

I have a 2008 Bighorn 3670. I have the LR satellite receiver output going to the coax jack in the left hand compartment where the audio system is, this goes to the BR lower coax connector. You will need a splitter if you are using the coax out for your LR set, I use S-video from the sat receiver to the LR TV.
I am able to watch the satellite using the lower coax connector. I use the other connector to watch what is on the antenna; the power button needs to be pushed in on the coax cover plate, otherwise this will be the cable in from the outside.
Hope this helps it is difficult to explain.

Jack Wittmann

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If yours is setup like ours your amplifier should have distribution switches. The distribution switch must be se on the correct input, i.e. antenna vcr aux, to get the desired signal to the desired TV. So like if I want satellite in LR and antenna in BR all I have to do is put the bedroom switch on antenna and then have the LR TV switch on antenna and the satellite receiver on. Works fine that was. BTW the amplifier must be on to receive antenna and also you will have to go to the TV menu and make sure when you do the search for channels your search if for antenna stations.