Window Tint

DickO

Wife wants to know---does putting aluminum insulating window foil in the windows harm the tint in the windows with the extreme buildup of heat. 2010 Bighorn 3055

MONEY

The heat is good for the tint, thats how its put on. Just be sure your careful taking the foil on and off or you could scratch the tint. The warmer it gets the more like to scratch. If your going to do that I would custom cut some cardboard pieces an wrap in foil. I will be doing this for the morning light. No foil though I will just throw on some nice spray paint. Wife is all about "the look"

Attachments

• Firefox_wallpaper.jpg
    Firefox_wallpaper.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 19

2010augusta

I put a soft foam/foil panel in all the bedroom windows to block the sunlight because we work night shift and sleep during the day. No ill effect, even in the South Texas sun, but we have the dual pane mirrored windows not tinted.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Dick, we used this stuff http://www.gilafilms.com/Residential/window-film-heat-titanium.htm
We have dual pane windows and put the film on the inside of the rear window and 2 other windows that are exposed to the daytime sun where we park for the Winter in TX. It's supposed to block 72% of the heat. We could tell a significant difference in the rig after the film was put on and we still have the ability to see out. The attached picture shows the window with the film installed on the top pane but the bottom is not installed yet.

Attachments

• Window Film.jpg
    Window Film.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 42